Create activity only if deal left in stage for x days - no way to add delay or refer to existing act

Vicky Taylor
Vicky Taylor Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Our Deals move through pipeline stages automatically as things happen on our platform (via API).

I want to create activities on the deals if they do not progress onto the next stage after a certain number of days. eg:

• If in stage X for 2 days, create activity for deal owner to Y.

However the only triggers are if something (a deal) has been created, updated, or deleted.

I thought I could get away with this by doing the above in a slightly longer way:

• When deal is moved to stage X, create activity Y in 2 days.
  • If deal stage is moved from stage X, delete activity Y.

I can do the first part of this in a workflow fine, but there's no way to add a delay (or a second condition to check if the deal moved from stage X) before deleting the activity in the same workflow.

I tried doing the second part in a separate workflow but then I cannot refer to the existing activity to be able to delete it.

Any advice on any other way I could achieve this? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2022 #2

You can create a filter to check when the deal's stage was changed last, and then use that filter to trigger activity creation.

• Vicky Taylor
    Vicky Taylor Member Posts: 2
    edited December 2021 #3

You can create a filter to check when the deal's stage was changed last, and then use that filter to trigger activity creation.

Hi Amit thanks so much for your quick response!

How would I use the filter in the workflow? I am not sure any of the triggers would work as no deals are being created, updated or deleted?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021 #4

You have to use it as a condition in your workflow.