Prospecting Management & CRM

Dave O'Rourke
Dave O'Rourke Member Posts: 7
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

What is the best practice for prospecting cold email outreach and managing those leads? For example, should I keep the bulk of the leads in email tools like Mailshake, Mailrush, Apollo, etc., until they trigger an event, i.e., schedule a call and then send them into the Pipedrive CRM?...  or start by importing all prospecting leads into Pipedrive and then shooting those leads to email outreach platforms? 

Tagged:

Comments

• Ralph Tommaso_892
    Ralph Tommaso_892 Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2

I upload all leads into pipedrive then push them into my 2 outreach platforms. 

We need to get better at managing the process after the sale though. 

• A. Spencer Koulchar
    A. Spencer Koulchar Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #3

Hey @Dave O'Rourke, we upload a list of leads into Pipedrive's leads inbox and use BombBomb for prospect email communication (which can be tracked in Pipedrive). I like to use BombBomb for the simple fact that you can personalize your emails with a video and follow all engagement. Once an appointment is scheduled, we'll convert the "lead" to a "deal" and work them through our sales process, which can be accomplished by setting up "stages" on the deals page.  I also use labels to identify leads in the leads box that may have made engagement but haven't set an appointment yet, and therefore aren't a deal.  This helps me to target my prospecting to leads that are "hot," than "warm," than "cold."  I hope this helps. 

• Justin Sterling
    Justin Sterling Member Posts: 8
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi @Dave O'Rourke

I think of PD as the brain and other apps as the hands and feet to cary out tasks. I try to centralize all contacts and actions and data points (emails, calls, documents etc.) inside of PD first.  Other apps are supplements to fill in where PD may not be optimal. 

For cold email outreach, I try to make the emails as personal and simple as possible (i) to not trigger spam filters (ii) to get straight to the point, and (iii) to increase the response rate.    

For example I used to send 300 emails via Mailchimp with a templated email, and get 1 or  2 to reply.   Now I will send 10 or 15 at a time that look very bespoke, and using filters to narrow down my audience and I'll get 3 or 4 replies.  It takes a little more time in the workflow, but it seems to produce better results for me. 

Hope that helps.   Good luck. 

What is your favorite app to use with PD and why? 

• Dave O'Rourke
    edited December 2021 #5

Hi @Dave O'Rourke

I think of PD as the brain and other apps as the hands and feet to cary out tasks. I try to centralize all contacts and actions and data points (emails, calls, documents etc.) inside of PD first.  Other apps are supplements to fill in where PD may not be optimal. 

For cold email outreach, I try to make the emails as personal and simple as possible (i) to not trigger spam filters (ii) to get straight to the point, and (iii) to increase the response rate.    

For example I used to send 300 emails via Mailchimp with a templated email, and get 1 or  2 to reply.   Now I will send 10 or 15 at a time that look very bespoke, and using filters to narrow down my audience and I'll get 3 or 4 replies.  It takes a little more time in the workflow, but it seems to produce better results for me. 

Hope that helps.   Good luck. 

What is your favorite app to use with PD and why? 

Justin Sterling 

Thank you for the insight! I agree that personalization is critical, especially nowadays when people are hip to the mass marketing email tactics. 

I have been going back and forth about putting the leads in after they convert to email responses. I'm using Apollo for my prospecting tool and Crunchbase Pro and Sales Nav. A cool tool for personalization in Smartwritter.io; however, it's really close but not quite all there yet. Meaning you still need to look and the personalization the AI writes as it's not always spot on. 

After your response, I will dump prospects into PD first and segment them there before putting them into an Apollo sequence.

Cheers,

Dave

• Dave O'Rourke
    edited December 2021 #6

Hey @Dave O'Rourke, we upload a list of leads into Pipedrive's leads inbox and use BombBomb for prospect email communication (which can be tracked in Pipedrive). I like to use BombBomb for the simple fact that you can personalize your emails with a video and follow all engagement. Once an appointment is scheduled, we'll convert the "lead" to a "deal" and work them through our sales process, which can be accomplished by setting up "stages" on the deals page.  I also use labels to identify leads in the leads box that may have made engagement but haven't set an appointment yet, and therefore aren't a deal.  This helps me to target my prospecting to leads that are "hot," than "warm," than "cold."  I hope this helps. 

Hey Spencer - Thank you for your response. It was very helpful! I especially like the strategy of creating labels. 

How do you segment different prospecting groups, i.e., Food and Bev companies, with $2m to $10m ARR, in the Los Angeles area, to Food and Bev companies, with $20m to $100m ARR, in the San Francisco area?  

• Dave O'Rourke
    edited December 2021 #7

I upload all leads into pipedrive then push them into my 2 outreach platforms. 

We need to get better at managing the process after the sale though. 

Hello Ralph! Thank you for the insight it was really helpful.