Synchronize two e-mail addresses

Options
Nick Loenen
Nick Loenen Member Posts: 5

Good afternoon to all,

For almost a half year I'm using Pipedrive to organize my contacts and get as much efficiency out of my sales.

I started my company with one e-mail address (existing one taken over from another business) now I NEED to add a second one. I didn't believed my ears when I heard that even with a more expensive subscription/plan such as 'enterprice' this feature is not available.

I cannot imagine that big companies, selling multiple different products to more or less the same customers cannot work from one CRM system unless they are using the same e-mail address.

Can somebody help me out?! I would appreciate when developers of pipedrive will add this feature.

Looking forward to hear, thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Nick Loenen

Comments

• Christoph Suwelack
    Christoph Suwelack Member Posts: 27
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #2
    Options

I think Pipedrive does not give accounts for free. 

• Frane Alajbeg
    Frane Alajbeg Member Posts: 6
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

We recently added a new e-mail address without any problem. We simply expanded the package and subscription to include a second account. 

What model are you using? What is your subscription plan?

• Nick Loenen
    edited December 2021 #4
    Options

We recently added a new e-mail address without any problem. We simply expanded the package and subscription to include a second account. 

What model are you using? What is your subscription plan?

Hi! 

Thank you for your reply, I’m using the ‘advanced‘ plan. a second account is no problem I guess but I need to synchronize 2 different e-mail addresses where you will only have one CRM database with all our relations. As far I know this is not possible, but hopefully I’m wrong :-)

• Iztok Toplak
    Iztok Toplak Member Posts: 13
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

I have the same problem. The possible solution is having two users at same company and same PD account. Each new user has synched own e-mail in PD. 

• Frane Alajbeg
    edited December 2021 #6
    Options

I have the same problem. The possible solution is having two users at same company and same PD account. Each new user has synched own e-mail in PD. 

Great, that's what I was referring to but probably failed to explain. 😅🙈

• Nick Loenen
    edited December 2021 #7
    Options

Thank guys for your reply, sorry but I do not understand how this works… can you please explain more detailed??

thank you!

• Iztok Toplak
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #8
    Options

In your seting under Manage User add User. To do activate two user at same time you need ti subsribe two seats. 

• Nick Loenen
    edited December 2021 #9
    Options

So if I understand you well:

• create a 2nd user account with an other e-mailaddress,
    • combine these two e-mailaddresses in the usersettings,
    • after input the correct setting, all relations in the CRM system will be synchronized with all incoming email from the two different emailaccounts.

last but not least, 

I do not understand why pipedrive doesn’t support this function or give support to explain how to make it possible in an other way.

• Frane Alajbeg
    edited December 2021 #10
    Options

When I was setting it up, I asked their support directly and they were very helpful. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. They are always ready to assist.

• Iztok Toplak
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #11
    Options

Nick: 

1. Not to create a 2nd user account but add user in your existing account under SETTING-MANAGE USER - that will be already combined as part of your user account. 

2. Each e-mail would be dedicate to each individual users - you will neet to swich login between two users, but e-mails linked to deals will be visible to both users - depened on seting. 

I'm not from pipedrive, but just regular experience users. 

• Kingsley Holdaway
    Kingsley Holdaway Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited February 2022 #12
    Options

I would suggest that joint the 2 email addresses would be best completed outside of pipedrive I.e auto forward the non pipedrive linked to the pipedrive linked one. 

• Iztok Toplak
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #13
    Options

I would suggest that joint the 2 email addresses would be best completed outside of pipedrive I.e auto forward the non pipedrive linked to the pipedrive linked one. 

That is one way how to solve it. But when you replay or send e-mail from PD it would have always being sent from just one e-mail, same e-mail header. 

• Nick Loenen
    edited December 2021 #14
    Options

but when you just forward one email to the other email I think these emails will not automatically be added to the right relation/customer? 

• Iztok Toplak
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #15
    Options

Yes, they would. But you need to forward in server e-mail seting not manual forward in e-mail client. 

But in PD you could always replay just with header of synched e-mail.  

• SEijs
    SEijs Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Hi Iztok,

Thanks for the inside.

1. Not to create a 2nd user account but add user in your existing account under SETTING-MANAGE USER - that will be already combined as part of your user account. 

As I'm a novice in this field, could you briefly explain where to find this option 'Add User in the existing user account' as we don't see this option at all.

Or:

• do I have to obtain the Advanced license so that te option becomes visible?
    • or do I still need an additional user license and create a second user (which I try to prevent as you may understand).

Thanks, Simon