Delete Activity when Deal is Lost/Deleted

Options
Rock Stevens
Rock Stevens Member Posts: 24
5 Likes First Comment
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

This seems to be a very logical workflow. When a deal is deleted, you no longer need the associated activity. 

Is there a way to delete the activity of a deleted deal?   (Without using Zapier)

61c24bf2b8c04c16be688ac0_73182.png

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited March 2022 #2
    Options

You can do this with the features available in Pipedrive Automation theoretically but not sure if it will actually work.

However, there is a tested way to make this work using Integromat.

• Markus Funk
    Markus Funk Member Posts: 111
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Rock,

as far as I know deleting scheduled activities (in the future) for deals that are LOST or DELETED automatically does not work yet. It s  an often requested feature and I hope PD is working on it already. 

Markus

• Rock Stevens
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited December 2021 #4
    Options

You can do this with the features available in Pipedrive Automation theoretically but not sure if it will actually work.

What is the theoretical solution using PipeDrive automation only? I have it currently functioning with Zapier, but I want to move away from 3rd party integrations. 

• Rock Stevens
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited December 2021 #5
    Options

Hi Rock,

as far as I know deleting scheduled activities (in the future) for deals that are LOST or DELETED automatically does not work yet. It s  an often requested feature and I hope PD is working on it already. 

Markus

Not just future activities, it could have a due date in the past or even today. 

In my case, the activity would normally be due the same day when I mark it as lost. I want the automation to delete any and all associated activities (past due, due today, or due in the future). 

Thanks for any advice or ideas you come up with 😀

edited January 2022 #6
    Options

Create a filter showing all activities associated with lost/deleted deals.

Use this filter in automation to trigger deleting of activities.

• Rock Stevens
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2022 #7
    Options

Hello @Amit Sarda thanks for the response. I would like to understand your suggestion better. 

Step One: When creating the trigger the only options are Activity Created, Updated, or Deleted. 

• Trigger = Activity Updated

Step Two: I set my conditions from the dropdown using the "Filter" equal to an activity filter.

• Condition Filter set to "matches Activity Filter"

Step Three: The Action. Select the option "Delete Activity". 

• Delete Activity

HERE ARE MY QUESTIONS:

1. In Step One, the trigger only runs when the activity is UPDATED and then looks to see if the condition is met.    Trigger only when updated --> what is updated? My real trigger is the deletion of the deal, not an activity field change.
    2. Right now I have Zapier adding a note to the activity ("updating") and that kicks off the rest. How do you achieve this using only PipeDrive as you mentioned?
    3. I'm trying to move away from Zapier (any 3rd party integrations) because it is causing a domino effect of other issues. Native automations with PipeDrive only is the best scenario. Please help!
    edited January 2022 #8
    Options

That is why I said it should work 'theoretically'. :)

• Rock Stevens
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2022 #9
    Options

So in your suggestion, there would need to be an Activity Field changed... which triggers the "Activity Updated"? 

Just want to understand your idea. Thanks! 😀

edited January 2022 #10
    Options

Seeing that this theoretical solution doesn't work, I can't think of another solution that doesn't use Zapier or Integromat.

• Rock Stevens
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2022 #11
    Options

Amit thanks for your response! It seems there's just a limitation inside of PipeDrive unfortunately. 

Interesting to see the option I need right there but greyed out. I wish PipeDrive would work on the fundamentals before trying to add so many bells & whistles. 

• Delete a deal --> Delete associated activities

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Nuno Oliveira I know you are also very intelligent 😀 do you have any other solutions not mentioned above? Thanks! 

• Nuno Oliveira
    Nuno Oliveira Posts: 96 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited March 2022 #12
    Options

Hi @Rock Stevens, unfortunately this is not possible to achieve with Workflow Automation at the moment, since it is not possible to define bulk actions. Added to our improvements backlog.

• Rock Stevens
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited January 2022 #13
    Options

Thank you @Nuno Oliveira. I appreciate your input. Have a great day 😁

• Rose Weaver
    Rose Weaver Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

How is this a capability yet? One would think that would be the first time-consuming task that the automation features in PipeDrive would address, practical items that sales would need to do.

With being able to do this easily, any other automation we set up to get reminders or follow-ups on 'To Do' tasks is adversely affected by any deals marked as lost.

Is this on a roadmap somewhere and soon?

I'm finding the limitations of the Automations options to be massive, hoping this improves.

• Rose Weaver
    Rose Weaver Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Thank you for that suggestion, I saw it posted multiple times on this thread and looked at it. However unless Make/Integromat is free to use and inside Pipedrive, I won't be using it. I don't see why we need to be using external software with additional costs for such basic automation that should be native in Pipedrive. Pipedrive is meant to save time and enable sales. So a sales centric approcach to features would be helpful and not rely on bandaid solutions from third party appts to fill basic gaps in functionality. When will this be added to the roadmap Pipedrive?

• Avilla Support
    Avilla Support Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    Options

We, at Avilla Innovations, can implement this exact automation with tailored Pipedrive automation.

Scheduled a free consultation, and we'll answer all your questions: https://calendly.com/ail-sales/project-consultation

Avilla Innovations, a proud Pipedrive partner.

https://avillainnovations.com/

This discussion has been closed.