Limited access but no possibility to remove devices

Maciej Wasyluk
Maciej Wasyluk Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1

I have this limited access issue with more than 3 devices logged in at the same time (which is not true, but it doesn't matter). I'm trying to go to settings to check and deactivate devices, but when I click the link from the "limited access"/knowledge base landing page it asks me again to log in - simply said I couldn't access settings to remove devices.

Moreover, I cant reach out to support/chat, because I need to be logged in to do so.

Support, kindly contact me to fix it.

Comments

• Clarissa Silvino
    Clarissa Silvino Pipedrive Team Posts: 80 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hey Maciej, thank you for reaching. You can always contact our Support by emailing us to support@pipedrive.com. It is always better to go through there since we'll have to confirm some private data.

As for the issue you're bringing, we’ve recently changed our login device policy in an attempt to prevent users from sharing accounts. Using too many devices to log into the same user account is a security risk and doesn’t give each user the experience we aim to provide at Pipedrive. This does not seems to be your case, however I just wanted to give you a heads up.​

If you want to log into Pipedrive with a fourth device, you will first have to log out of one of the first three. Please be aware that if you have logged in from different browsers, these will also be logged as separate devices.  You can also try clearing your browser cache and cookies, as this will delete any expired sessions stored by your browser.

Support can force the log out, but since we'll need to confirm some information, it has to be done throughout the official channels. We're also working on a way for you to force this, so stay tuned.

You can find more information on our user account login policy in our Terms of Service here: https://www.pipedrive.com/en/terms-of-service#logging-into-an-account-8

Hope this is clear, but let us know otherwise :)

• Ted (Youngtae) Youn
    Ted (Youngtae) Youn Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2022 #3

Let me join this conversation, with some additional suggestion.

I'd like to know whether each connection in incognito mode counts as a separate device even if all these connections are made from the same device. If it does, then it may cause a different kind of problems. Let's say that you log in with incognito mode and close the browser. Then the session may still be preserved between the browser and Pipedrive. But there's no way to recover the session once the incognito browser is closed. 

If this is really the case, then we may recommend users to open Pipedrive in usual mode rather than incognito mode.

p.s. Whenever logging in Pipedrive, I'm always using 'Browse in private' mode. It's because my Google SSO with Pipedrive is messed up and I have to use incognito mode.

• Maciej Wasyluk
    Maciej Wasyluk Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2020 #4

Hey Maciej, thank you for reaching. You can always contact our Support by emailing us to support@pipedrive.com. It is always better to go through there since we'll have to confirm some private data.

As for the issue you're bringing, we’ve recently changed our login device policy in an attempt to prevent users from sharing accounts. Using too many devices to log into the same user account is a security risk and doesn’t give each user the experience we aim to provide at Pipedrive. This does not seems to be your case, however I just wanted to give you a heads up.​

If you want to log into Pipedrive with a fourth device, you will first have to log out of one of the first three. Please be aware that if you have logged in from different browsers, these will also be logged as separate devices.  You can also try clearing your browser cache and cookies, as this will delete any expired sessions stored by your browser.

Support can force the log out, but since we'll need to confirm some information, it has to be done throughout the official channels. We're also working on a way for you to force this, so stay tuned.

You can find more information on our user account login policy in our Terms of Service here: https://www.pipedrive.com/en/terms-of-service#logging-into-an-account-8

Hope this is clear, but let us know otherwise :)

Thanks. I've send an email request to Support to hard log me out.