Accurate Insights for Retail/Wholesale but Avoiding Many Deals per Client

Options
Stephen Levene
Stephen Levene Member Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hello Pipedrive Community,

Within our wholesale business, we may win say 3-7 deals per year per client. As you can imagine, the deals that have been won (or lost), start to add up and really make Pipedrive quite congested. For example: if you create an activity for a client and search for their name, all of the old deals will show up and as we don't use unique identifiers for deals, it's hard to distinguish which is the open deal. In effect, we want to be able to have accurate insights/analytics, but not have tons of deals stack up. In the first year, it might be fine. But as the years go on, with one client, next thing you know, we might have a list of 30-40 deals.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? If so, I'd be very interested to hear your ideas for a workaround. The k key for us is accurate insights/analytics.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen

Comments

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Stephen Levene , in the case you describe are you marking your past deals as Won or Lost accordingly? That would be important in helping you filter out past deals so you can see only the ones that are open at a given time.
    To further narrow down your deal results, you can use filters for the time the deal was created or won/lost.

• Stephen Levene
    Stephen Levene Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2022 #3
    Options

Hi @Stephen Levene , in the case you describe are you marking your past deals as Won or Lost accordingly? That would be important in helping you filter out past deals so you can see only the ones that are open at a given time.
    To further narrow down your deal results, you can use filters for the time the deal was created or won/lost.

Hi @Manuel Oliveira Thanks for the response. 

Yes, of course. However, this isn't about filtering won/lost or open/closed deals. 

Perhaps I wasn't clear on the issue, let me know if I can elaborate on the topic to help you better understand what is happening.

Regards,
    Stephen

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes
    edited January 2022 #4
    Options

It sounds to me like you are using the search box. You see a list of say 15 deals but there is no unique identifier to show which ones for that client are open vs. closed in the real time search results. It would be really useful if deals that were open were highlighted in some way in those results. You should document that in suggestions. Until then, your other options are to create a records filter or report that shows open deals. Or, create a unique identifier in the deal name field. We deal in annual contracts mostly so we name a deal. Maintenance ‘22  or Snow ‘21 or Construction TRUF RENOVATION.