Auto emailing template email for person in custom field in Person, Deal or Organization?

Options
Keith Gereghty
Keith Gereghty Member Posts: 58
Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 24 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi! I have searched the forums for an answer to this problem but nothing specific answered my question. 

I am a real estate investor, 1 man shop, and use a Real Estate agent to sell my renovated properties. I have my system set up like this: Person is the individual calling me about selling the property, Deal is where I place all my data about the property, appointment info, my offer, ect. Organization is the address of the property and I place all my info about buying and selling the property under Organization. Info like buy or sell price, closing agent and the RE agent. I was planning on using the fields in Organization on the deal page

I wanted to send my RE agent an email with the property info already inserted, asking price, parcel ID and whatnot when my trigger "Notify FRS Agent to is moved to "Yes". I did not work. I tried tying my RE agent to the Organization, did not work. I moved the fields to the Deal section and the email went out but only to me as the Org owner. I just tried using a trigger in Deal updated so when the Exit Strategy custom field is moved to Wholesale or Retail for condition and I thought the email would be send to Deal owner email (I suppose me), using email template "Seller Opportunity, Email Template Deal (Deal?), Email Template Organization (Deal organization?) and Email Template Person (FRS Agent-S for my RE Agent?). Nothing happened. 

I thought this would be easy but there is something going on I don't understand. I may need to re-adjust my custom fields to fit under Person or Deal instead of Organization...really not sure what to do. 

How can I auto-email a person that is involved in the deal but who is not the Person (seller)?

Comments

• Earl Childs
    Earl Childs Member Posts: 5
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

I just started using pipedrive 2 days ago and have a similar question.  I'm in real estate (agent) as well.

seems like it would be great if when I link an email to a deal that I could quickly add all persons associated with the deal (Title co, other agent, etc) to the email to quickly get a status update or push data out.

Did you ever find an answer to your question and do you know how to do what I'm asking about?

This discussion has been closed.