Why can't I bulk edit Activities in a People list? Why do I have to waste time creating a spreadshee

J.
J. Member Posts: 5

Why doesn't the option exist for me to bulk add Activities to checked records in the People list? Seems that this is a basic functionality of a CRM, yet the bulk edit only allows you to change basic information in records. 

Instead of being able to check those people off and create an Activity for them (e.g. "Sent card" with today's date and mark the activity as Done), Pipedrive is forcing me to:

1. download a spreadsheet

2. Add Activity column

3. Create activity for each record

4. reupload the data into Pipedrive

Instead of taking 5 minutes, this is now going to take me at least an 60 minutes. I'm really disappointed given how much I pay for Pipedrive on a monthly basis; I chose Pipedrive for all the functionality it had over competitors (even though it was much pricier), but I'm left frustrated that I'm going to have to waste so much time with activities like this that should literally take five minutes. There has got to be a faster way than exporting and importing! Please add ability to add information to all sections of a person's record by using the Bulk Edit feature!

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Eric Schmid
    Eric Schmid Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #2

Thank you thank you thank you for writing this - I'm just as frustrated. ISuch a simple task that I cannot believe you have to do all the extra work. This honestly might be a deal-breaker for me...

• Jackie Keys
    Jackie Keys Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #3

Has there been any resolution to this issue or a better work-around?

• Wrote about a workaround in a short article.

• Daniel Axelbaum
    Daniel Axelbaum Member Posts: 33
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

I appreciate this post! You bring up a great point. 

I'm sure @Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz has a great article above. I will share my work around which is quite simple and probably something you've already thought of.

Instead of marking the activities as done, I simply bulk change the due date on all of them to a future date. You can also change the subject of the activity. That way I know I have a follow-up activity. The only downside is the activities are not recorded as a done activity. But it's working just fine. Thanks for posing this issue!