Data Enrichment and Exporting Segments to Mailchimp
We're struggling with two areas and looking for some advice/insight into how others may have done the same:
1. Data Enrichment
- We have approx 3.5k contacts in Pipedrive that are people we've spoken with over the past 8-10 years to varying degrees. It's largely completely out of date. We'd really like to use it to see what business we might be able to develop from it (It's a secondry set of data to existing trading clients/active pipeline and data we're accuring from lead gen activities).
- In order to update the data we really need some sort of mass enrichment to update both Organisation details and Contact Details.
- We've looked at Data Services like ZoomInfo but are a pretty expensive recurring charge
- We've seen some manual data enrichment services where we can pay a one-off charge per record and the enrichment gets outsourced (Services like Cloud Lead, Whistle Data and B2B Lead Army)
Any clever ideas that we've missed or overlooked?
2. Data Segmentation and Exporting Segments to an E-Mail Platform like Mailchimp
- We've segmented our existing clients by Industry/Sector and Products that they use and we're going to use those two characteristics combined to create segments that we can market into
- We can build out a filter/search in Contacts (by asking it to list contacts of organisations where they are from a particular industry and using a particular product) and we can subsequently export that to Mailchimp (which we currently use)
- However, we can't figure out a way to export those users and 'tag' them with a segment so that it pulls through into Mailchimp. We're on the Essentials plan which gives us up to 3 audiences - We only have approx 150 contacts that are existing clients (plus the 3200 odd non-clients that we're going to begin marketing to once the data is enriched/sorted)
- From what I can see, we'd really need a different audience per segment (Approx 15 industries and 10 different products so there's a fair few permutations for 'segments'. To do that, we'd need Mailchimp Premium - A $3k increase or so.
- Is there a clever way that we can export industry/product info from Pipedrive to Mailchimp? That would allow us to send to contacts tagged with a particular industry and product from within Mailchimp
Thoughts/Ideas/Alternatives to Mailchimp that might allow us to do what we are trying to do would be very welcome.
Andrus Purde Posts: 109edited January 2022 #2
Alas haven't tested data enrichment tools. We've integrated Clearbit data into Pipedrive and this is great for basic info like company size, industry, etc.
If you don't export data into Mailchimp frequently you could add a custom field (or 2 custom fields) to each contact in Pipedrive to store info in products and industry. And you should be able to map this to a Mailchimp custom field that can be used for building segments within an Audience.
Alternatively, try our 2-way Pipedrive - Mailchimp integration. It syncs all the necessary fields to Mailchimp and keeps the systems in sync going forward ie. if you modify the fields for a contact in PD or add new ones, changes are reflected in Mailchimp. As a bonus, you can see email engagement back in Pipedrive.0