What happens to deals in a deleted stage?

Options
Shaheen Samavati
Shaheen Samavati Member Posts: 8
Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I want to delete some stages from a pipeline.  I don't have any active deals in those stages. But what will happen to the lost and won deals that were in those stages?

Should I move them to a different stage before deleting the stages?

Comments

• Irina Iglesias
    Irina Iglesias Pipedrive Team Posts: 32 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hello @Shaheen Samavati 

Since Won/Lost deals will always be linked to their pipelines/stages when trying to delete a stage you should get a notification asking what you want to do next; if delete or move the deals to a different stage. Check here the message: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/XticMn 

The same happens if you try to delete an entire pipeline. 

Have a good day! :) 

• Shaheen Samavati
    Shaheen Samavati Member Posts: 8
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

Hello @Shaheen Samavati 

Since Won/Lost deals will always be linked to their pipelines/stages when trying to delete a stage you should get a notification asking what you want to do next; if delete or move the deals to a different stage. Check here the message: https://sharing.pipedrive.com/XticMn 

The same happens if you try to delete an entire pipeline. 

Have a good day! :) 

Thanks for your reply.  Can you tell me what is the best practice here? 

Basically, I am changing a sales process because we changed our approach to outreach and now have three fewer steps. The final step previously was "interview made" but going forward we consider the deal won when we get to "email obtained" (which used to be a middle stage)

I could move all the won and lost deals to the earlier step  of "email obtained"... but then I would lose the information about the fact that they had gone on to other steps after that (even though those steps are no longer relevant because we are no longer interviewing prospects as we had in the past..)

Is there any way to archive a step without deleting it?  Or.. could I archive the whole pipeline and create a new one with the same steps to not lose the old data..?  Thank you!