Required field at a deal stage but does not show in "add deal" page.

Jeff Sprott
Jeff Sprott Member Posts: 11
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hey PD Community, 

The more I learn about this CRM the more I fall deeply in love with Pipedrive. Bravo overall and I'm forever a fan! There is most likely a hand-to-face emoji during this but for now, I'm at a loss. Thank you all for your help ahead of time. 

We have changed many of our "deal fields" from "required" in a particular stage to "important" to clean up the "add deal" window and simplify the process. In doing so we have a required field that we don't want certain teammates to have to answer so we don't want it to show in the "add deal" window process. Is there a way to remove it from "add deal" but still make it required when it hits that stage further down the road? How can we make this happen so, at any particular stage, that teammates will only be required to input the fields assigned to them? 

Loom video to better describe. 

https://www.loom.com/share/9b295805909a4043b2a0d965e7d3961b

Thank you!

Tagged:

Comments

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,519
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Insightfuls 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2022 #2

You can't, with the Required field settings. Anything that is set up as Required is by default added to the 'add deal' dialog box.

You can set it as Important though.

• Alex Stueber
    Alex Stueber Member Posts: 89
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Elite + Premier Solution Provider Name Dropper
    edited March 2022 #3

Hey @Jeff Sprott I agree with you that they should let you control what you want or not while creating a deal, it makes sense to me.
    However, as @Amit Sarda said it's impossible to change the settings :(

• Clifford Cheung - Montreal
    Clifford Cheung - Montreal Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #4

Up Up, this has been a requirement for our clients.