Did anyone at Pipedrive every figure out how to add United States zip codes when you an address is p

RG
RG Member Posts: 26
First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1
620a5ce175174f758455bfdc_65091.png
Tagged:

Comments

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 176
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited March 2022 #2

Following... So tired of dealing with this. Removing USA.... Adding the zip.

Would be awkward to send "USA" to a customer that lives in the same town. :)

I think when I originally started having this issue I came to the conclusion that it was a google thing and out of their control. It's been a while though.

• Scott Stefanc
    Scott Stefanc Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2022 #3

One does not need to select the address offered, I found. I can just type out what I want then click off the input window and it will keep what I entered. Also, if I type the zip code, the Google prompt will show the zip code as a selection option. It is very annoying that it does not offer it as a default though. Of course, I do not create mass mailings so I do not know how it outputs. I have also not tried mapping contacts from Outlook. Does it bring in all of the values?

• RG
    edited February 2022 #4

One does not need to select the address offered, I found. I can just type out what I want then click off the input window and it will keep what I entered. Also, if I type the zip code, the Google prompt will show the zip code as a selection option. It is very annoying that it does not offer it as a default though. Of course, I do not create mass mailings so I do not know how it outputs. I have also not tried mapping contacts from Outlook. Does it bring in all of the values?

Typing it in would be a solution if we memorized all the zip codes...I was told it was a google thing as well; however, when I type an address into google...zip code appears--so not sure how it is a google issue.

• Scott Stefanc
    Scott Stefanc Member Posts: 10
    edited February 2022 #5

Yeah, not sure either. I have a thought that it may be that Google (or Pipedrive) thinks we're dumb and holds information back from us. I usually input my information from websites or business cards so the zip code is there. I also do a lot internationally and every country seems to have a different way of doing addresses so I have to be sure to keep everything as typed and not use a pre-selected from Google. This includes odd road/street numbers, building names and suite numbers, communities within cities within provinces... I'd rather it be more like traditional email values.

• Johnathan Celso
    Johnathan Celso Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #6

I think when I originally started having this issue I came to the conclusion that it was a google thing and out of their control. It's been a while though.

I hear what you are saying, but actually, it shouldn't be awkward at all. All other nations include their country in their address as a default, including the postal code (Z.I.P. is a US term). As technology and supply access has rampantly improved, it has made international markets so much smaller and made following suite so much more reasonable. Join in and help make the US get on board. We don't need another thing we are slow to adapt in comparison to the rest of the world. ;)

• RG
    edited February 2022 #7

You have to use a zip code in the US.

• Chris_60650
    Chris_60650 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #8

This is a confounding problem. All of my automatic document field population plans are wrecked by this - forms need zip codes.

• Brian Hart_68153
    Brian Hart_68153 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #9

Most likely using an API from the US Postal Service.  It'll be greatly beneficial when Pipedrive changes its API calls to pull the zip code parameter (optional) from USPS as well.