Project Management is not (only/always) an after sales tool !!

Guillaume_1141
Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hello there,

Things look really good BUT for my company, a Project is not a follow-up of a Deal but the land were the deals can/will grow and be generated so :

• A project should be able to be linked to whatever numbers of deals: the project is the core of the system. One project will “generate” a large number of deals/sales of the same products/equipment/Services during its life or different products/equipment/Services. Each sale is a deal
  • We need to link emails to a project exactly as we do with emails. There are emails that are generated during the evolution of the project and other related to each specific deals/sales in that project
  • The tool is different if it is used by a sales person (that might use it as a follow-up tool) or by a project manager that will develop business to generate sales.
  • I 100% agree that the subscription shall be totally different if the project is used for after sales actions, for techs activities or as a project manager tool. That is NOT the same thing. Project management is a whole job. As a matter of fact, Project is not the right term for a follow up sales tool. 

There is so much more to say. Lack of time sorry...

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2022 #2

Hi Guillaume,

Appreciate the feedback, thanks for sharing!

I totally agree that there can be many different use cases and it't not only for after sales. This has from research turned out to be the biggest use case though.Today you can already decide to create the project after the deal is won or just create one from scratch not linked to any deal yet.

• We will make sure multiple deals can be linked to one project and we will properly visualise them all inside the project. 
    • This is in the plans :) 
    • Agreed! We'll make sure it works for multiple use cases.
    • We're working on the ability to have it on a per user access. So it's up to the admin to decide which users have access and which ones don't and therefore also only pay for the users they need. Of course we'll make sure that for sales people who don't have project access we will still on the deal show project information and vice versa to make sure collaboration happens and information flows between different teams in the company.

Hope my answers help!

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2022 #3

Hi Guillaume,

Appreciate the feedback, thanks for sharing!

I totally agree that there can be many different use cases and it't not only for after sales. This has from research turned out to be the biggest use case though.Today you can already decide to create the project after the deal is won or just create one from scratch not linked to any deal yet.

• We will make sure multiple deals can be linked to one project and we will properly visualise them all inside the project. 
    • This is in the plans :) 
    • Agreed! We'll make sure it works for multiple use cases.
    • We're working on the ability to have it on a per user access. So it's up to the admin to decide which users have access and which ones don't and therefore also only pay for the users they need. Of course we'll make sure that for sales people who don't have project access we will still on the deal show project information and vice versa to make sure collaboration happens and information flows between different teams in the company.

Hope my answers help!

Hi Guillaume,

This might interest you as well :) 

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/do-you-have-someone-working-on-projects-outside-of-pipedrive-that-you-d-lik--622f484459de0616ea283495