Validation by changing the phase of a deal

Patrick_71463
Patrick_71463 Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

Hi everyone,
I hope you can help me with this topic.
When a sales rep changes the phase of a deal from one phase to another I would like to have a validation rule in place that checks if a specific field is filled or empty.

If it is filled the phase change is possible - if the field is empty a message should be displayed that a phase change is only possible after filling the field xy.
I was able to define the entry criterias within the workflow tool but I'm not able to set up the "action" (show message) and phase change is not done.

Any ideas how to set this up?

Thank you already in advance!

Comments

• Andreia Freixo
    Andreia Freixo Posts: 173
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited February 2022 #2

Hi Patrick,

It seems like our required fields feature might help you achieve what you're looking for. Here's more info regarding that: 

Unfortunately with workflow automations you won't be able to show any message saying why the deal was not changed or stop the deal from moving. However, you should be able to revert the deal change if a certain field is empty. If you have any trouble setting this up, please write to our lovely support team and we will be happy to help!

• Patrick_71463
    Patrick_71463 Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3

Dear Andreia,
    Thank you for your answer. That was exactly what I was looking for. Unfortunately we only have the "advanced" licences so we are not able to use required fields. I also found the "important" fields that already helps us and is definately an improvement.

Best regards
    Patrick