Archiving Deals

Katie Moore
Katie Moore Member Posts: 11
First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

We have a need to archive deals so that they are still accessible but do not want to win or lose them because we have Insights and Goals set up that would skew the data.

Tagged:
1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 166
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Answer
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi @Katie Moore  this is a common question I receive from clients when workflow mapping their sales process. A workaround I suggest is to add a stage called Archived - this helps organise Deals into one stage and visually you can see priority Deals. If a stage is not sufficient, maybe another Pipeline where you can put them through a mini workflow of re-generating the data/customer/client/Deal. 

I hope this helps find a solution for your use case. 

Thank you,

Edie

• Katie Moore
    Katie Moore Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #3
    Edie Mew said:

Hi @Katie Moore  this is a common question I receive from clients when workflow mapping their sales process. A workaround I suggest is to add a stage called Archived - this helps organise Deals into one stage and visually you can see priority Deals. If a stage is not sufficient, maybe another Pipeline where you can put them through a mini workflow of re-generating the data/customer/client/Deal. 

I hope this helps find a solution for your use case. 

Thank you,

Edie

Hey Edie! Thanks for the suggestion! The additional Pipeline could work for an immediate fix, but we already have several Pipelines built and don't want to overwhelm our users with more.

If there was an "Archive" option in the drop-down menu where you can delete, merge, convert, etc. and the deal would essentially be closed (not open, won or lost) but is still accessible through the Organization, this would be SUPER helpful!

• Megan Rogerson
    Megan Rogerson Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #4

Agreed, we also need an archive button so we can still access the record. 

• Oscar Rebolledo
    Oscar Rebolledo Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi, I couldn't find an archive button so I'm assuming this was not implemented. This feature would be helpful. Thank you.

• Trish Flora
    Trish Flora Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary First Comment

It would be great to have the option to archive a deal. If a deal isn't truly lost, just postponed perhaps 12 months, it would be nice to be able to archive it and place an activity on it for future notification. That way the $$ are no longer showing in the current deals pipeline.

Perhaps a work around would be to change the deal to a lead, then archive it. Would all the communications information move along with it?

• Flip Nolen
    Flip Nolen Member Posts: 94
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment

Yes, you could do that. Or perhaps you could create a separate Pipeline for these types of deals if they're still kind of open?

• we need to archive deals, not delete them once they are won and completed. otherwise we can't get any reporting on completed deals. Other CRMs (like Pipeline) have the ability to archive. I think Pipedrive needs to too pls

• NEON
    NEON Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Good day! I'd like to request an upvote for the archive feature.

We are inundated with data, and as humans who appreciate good UI design, we believe that information no longer needed for our work should be hidden, rather than displayed.

Having an archive function for deals would be a valuable addition.