Linking one email to multiple deals?

Andy_64402
Andy_64402 Member Posts: 2
5 Up Votes

Is it possible to link one email to multiple deals in multiple pipelines? 

Tagged:
8 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Bruce Bignell
    Bruce Bignell Member Posts: 16
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #2

Hey Andy,

Not to my knowledge, right now, it's one email to a single deal in a single pipeline. 

The email history is linked to a single contact and or organization though, so you can check the previous correspondence there.

Out of interest, what's your use case for wanting one email to multiple deals?

Best,

Bruce 

• Andy_64402
    Andy_64402 Member Posts: 2
    5 Up Votes
    edited April 2022 #3

Hey Andy,

Not to my knowledge, right now, it's one email to a single deal in a single pipeline. 

The email history is linked to a single contact and or organization though, so you can check the previous correspondence there.

Out of interest, what's your use case for wanting one email to multiple deals?

Best,

Bruce 

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the response. We are a nonprofit association that runs multiple events throughout the year and use a separate pipeline for each meeting. There are instances where we are communicating with a person from one company that is interested in multiple events, thus would make it easier for us to link that one email chain to multiple pipelines (events) to track all our event pipelines more efficiently.

Any recommendations or tips?

Looking forward to your response,

Andy

• glass_man
    glass_man Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #4

We have similar needs, in that Customers will for example respond to one Deal, but then inquire about another Deal.  

I have done a work around by responding to the email and change the subject to the new inquiry, then use that new email to create a new deal.

• Illyés Péter
    Illyés Péter Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2022 #5

We would also need the option to link one e-mail to multiple deals. We have a lot of customers with multiple deals. In many e-mails we or they mention multiple topics that are relevant for multiple deals. 

By sending it works with BCC link of the relevant deals, but it is very time-consuming. 

By receiving emails it is not possible. 

So please solve it Pipedrive.

• Ralph_82956
    Ralph_82956 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I would like this option too, is there a way to request or vote for it?

• Jack Ridel
    Jack Ridel Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I need this function also. Often have one customer with multiple deals and in an email we may discuss all the deals

• anisha_verbate
    anisha_verbate Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Agreed - this is also a major challenge for us. As we get everything set up, this is our first major challenge for a business who doesn't simply sell one product.

We have a paid community that then upsells to a software tool. So, we have separate pipelines to measure their progress through those two buyer journeys. Because it's the same buyer, we use a single email chain to manage the communications with the customer. It doesn't make sense for us to kick off a separate email thread to manage their purchase patterns/decision.

If you're going to encourage users to use different pipelines for different products, this philosophy has to be consistent through to your major product feature - managing emails. Having an inconsistent philosophy across your core feature sets is a bit mind-blowing.

I'd have to imagine the PipeDrive team has a recommendation for customers like us - this is a pretty common sales motion. Open to your guidance/recommendation if you're not going to make an explicit fix.

• Brandon Wood_1990
    Brandon Wood_1990 Member Posts: 51
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment

I need this as well. I deal with the same customers on multiple proposals. The biggest issue I have is sometimes your software threads together 2 separate conversations into the same thread, even though these conversations have different subject lines and remain separate in Gmail. Other times I may have multiple deals for the same project.

• RafaelSantos
    RafaelSantos Member Posts: 10
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic

Bumping, since it seems there are several users needing this function.

• agent-007
    agent-007 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic

Would need the same!

• Guillaume_1141
    Guillaume_1141 Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Same over here. Bumping