Quickbook Invoicing: How to create an invoice in Pipedrive that aligns with products in Quickbooks?

Options
Connie Mintz
Connie Mintz Member Posts: 8

I imported products from Quickbooks into Pipedrive Products so they match. But when I create an invoice in Pipedrive it doesn't match Products. It list as all the same products. Anyone have luck with this without paying $15 month for SyncQ? Anyone using Automate.io? @Ashutosh Cheulkar would Automate.io be able to solve this problem in creating simple invoicing that matches products?

I just need to create a simple invoice with less than 50 clients a month. Thank you!

Comments

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Connie Mintz , we're happy to hear you're exploring our Invoicing feature using QuickBooks!

Currently this feature doesn't "talk to" the Products list in Pipedrive (yet!) even if you imported them from your invoicing software, so what you need to do is pull those products in from your QuickBooks product list in the "Invoice Items" drop-down menu of the invoice you're creating in Pipedrive.

This field reflects the items — like goods or services — that make up the charges in your invoice. These items can be chosen from the dropdown list, which is provided from the 'Products and services' area within your connected Quickbooks account. More on this here.

We know this is not ideal and are working hard to make the communication smooth between the two platforms, so stay tuned for news in the future. 🚀 

I've made sure your feedback reaches the team in charge.

• Connie Mintz
    edited April 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Connie Mintz , we're happy to hear you're exploring our Invoicing feature using QuickBooks!

Currently this feature doesn't "talk to" the Products list in Pipedrive (yet!) even if you imported them from your invoicing software, so what you need to do is pull those products in from your QuickBooks product list in the "Invoice Items" drop-down menu of the invoice you're creating in Pipedrive.

This field reflects the items — like goods or services — that make up the charges in your invoice. These items can be chosen from the dropdown list, which is provided from the 'Products and services' area within your connected Quickbooks account. More on this here.

We know this is not ideal and are working hard to make the communication smooth between the two platforms, so stay tuned for news in the future. 🚀 

Hi Ines, Thank you for your reply. I deleted all the products I had imported from Quickbooks in Pipedrive. Instead, I used the dropdown menu and I could see all the categories in quickbooks (yay). However, when I created the invoice it is still defaulting to another Item name in Quickbooks invoice (even though I used the dropbox menu). If I could get the Item to sync I would have exactly what I need for this to work for me. Am I missing something to get the Item to update? The description and amount are correct! It's so close! Thank you!

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #4
    Options

Hi Connie, happy to hear it's getting closer to what you need! 🙂

I tested it out on my side and the drop-down menu shouldn't default to any specific item - it should show up blank and you click to select. 

I've done some adjustments to your Pipedrive company account from our end and would like you to clear the cache and cookies in your browser and try again.

If it still happens, try disconnecting and reconnecting the integration with QuickBooks again (Tools and Apps > Marketplace Apps > Quickbooks > click the trash button to uninstall).

If the issue persists, then I recommend you reach out to our Support team so they can do any further technical troubleshooting. Thank you!

• Connie Mintz
    edited April 2020 #5
    Options

i will try that, thank you. the problem isn’t in the  drop down menu in pipedrive, its when it opens in quickbooks. When it opens in Quickbooks it  doesn’t match the drop down in pipedrive, it defaults to the same item with every entry. Is this a known issue? 

• Inês Batata
    edited April 2020 #6
    Options

I'm not familiar with anything like that happening. It sounds like something on QuickBooks' end, so I 'd recommend reaching out to their customer support service after trying the steps I suggested above.

• Connie Mintz
    edited April 2020 #7
    Options

I spent an hour with Quickboooks tech support and this is what they concluded:

According to our back-end support, you should have the option to assign it in QBO. For now, you should contact the third party application for this issue.

Why have an integration that doesn't work?

Connie

• Diana
    Diana Pipedrive Team Posts: 32 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2020 #8
    Options

Hey Connie, 

Thanks for checking with QuickBooks. Maybe you could reach out to our customer support sharing all these details to see what we can do from our end. 

You can chat with us by going on the question mark (top right corner) or by sending an email to support@pipedrive.com

• Connie Mintz
    edited April 2020 #9
    Options

Thank you! I will do that. It's so close to working exactly as I need it to. 

Connie

• Ashutosh Cheulkar
    Ashutosh Cheulkar Member Posts: 2
    Integration Partner
    edited April 2022 #10
    Options

Apologies for the delay here, @Connie Mintz. Unfortunately, I didn't get notified for the mention in this post. One of my colleagues noticed it.

I checked with my team and currently we don't support invoice creation in Pipedrive. However, we've taken a note of it and have added it to our roadmap for Pipedrive integration updates.

Do let me know if you have any other questions for me.

Thanks,

Ash

• John Weiss
    John Weiss Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #11
    Options

Where is the Pipedrive development team at with fixing this issue? I'm having the same challenge....Invoice Items does NOT pull from Products listed in Pipedrive (mine were syncq items pulled in from Quickbooks). My Pipedrive invoice Item drop down is blank. Nothing I've tried, many changes to the Products listed in Pipedrive, will allow them to show in the Items drop-down.  This feature is NOT working. 

• Connie Mintz
    edited July 2020 #12
    Options

Where is the Pipedrive development team at with fixing this issue? I'm having the same challenge....Invoice Items does NOT pull from Products listed in Pipedrive (mine were syncq items pulled in from Quickbooks). My Pipedrive invoice Item drop down is blank. Nothing I've tried, many changes to the Products listed in Pipedrive, will allow them to show in the Items drop-down.  This feature is NOT working. 

John, it seems to be working now. I deleted all the products in pipedrive and created products in Quickbooks. When i go to create invoice, i see the items in quickbook. When i open in QuickBooks they are correct now. Previously, it would show one item repeated. 

• André Vidal
    André Vidal Pipedrive Team Posts: 14 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited July 2020 #13
    Options

Hi Connie! Great that you were able to fix it. It is true that, when creating an invoice inside of Pipedrive using the quickbooks function, you cannot use Pipedrives product list to add to an invoice. Instead you must have your full product list inside of Quickbooks. Unfortunately there is no way to connect the two, other than a manual export from Pipedrive and import to quickbooks (or vice-versa). 

• Mamoon Rahat
    Mamoon Rahat Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #14
    Options

Hi All,

So I am confused with this scenario. I have imported my QBO products and they appear under Pipedrive products but not under invoice items, what do i need to do.

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #15
    Options

Hi All,

So I am confused with this scenario. I have imported my QBO products and they appear under Pipedrive products but not under invoice items, what do i need to do.

Hi @Mamoon Rahat !

Currently when you issue an invoice from within Pipedrive, the Products list will be fetching the data from your invoicing integration (QuickBooks or Xero) and not from Pipedrive itself; this is an improvement we're looking to make. We appreciate your input and use it to give our teams thinking points to be considered in the future.

If you have a list of Products in QuickBooks, then they should be selectable in the drop-down list for "line items" in the products section of your invoice in Pipedrive. Learn more about it here: Pipedrive Integration: Quickbooks

If this is not what's happening, please reach out to our Support team, who will help you troubleshoot further: How can I contact Pipedrive Support?

• Véronik Durocher
    Véronik Durocher Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #16
    Options

Hello! I have the same problem, I'm not sure what to do. When I click on "Item" or "Tax Code", the dropdown menu are empty, which means that I need to go edit in QBO.

On top of that, when I "save as draft", the invoice is saved at 0$ and shows as paid, which is a problem because we need an automation that creates a task when the invoice shows as paid. Is it because I didn't select any product/item that the invoice is at 0$ ? I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Thank you for your help!

• Inês Batata
    edited November 2020 #17
    Options

Hello! I have the same problem, I'm not sure what to do. When I click on "Item" or "Tax Code", the dropdown menu are empty, which means that I need to go edit in QBO.

On top of that, when I "save as draft", the invoice is saved at 0$ and shows as paid, which is a problem because we need an automation that creates a task when the invoice shows as paid. Is it because I didn't select any product/item that the invoice is at 0$ ? I'm not sure what to do at this point.

Thank you for your help!

Hi @Véronik Durocher !

I'm sorry to hear you're having this inconvenience. It might have to do with not adding any products to the invoice, yes, but it's best to check with our  Support team and they will help you. 

For urgent or technical issues Support is always the most adequate and quickest channel of communication, as Community is more focused on exchanging knowledge, experiences and ideas. 

Hope everything gets solved quickly! 🚀