Leads through to Deal tracking

Kevin_57680
Kevin_57680 Member Posts: 8
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

Hi folks,

When a lead comes through I label them with the nature of enquiry, however, when it becomes qualified and moves to a deal, these labels are lost which really isn't ideal because I can't track the nature of enquiry through to conversion.

Is there a way of the lead labels carrying through to info on the deal?

I know I can label deals, but to me this is then doing the job twice!

Thanks 

Comments

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 354 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited March 2022 #2

Hi Kevin!

At the moment there is no option to keep the Lead Labels also for the Deal. It is a limitation due to the fact that Leads can have multiple Labels and Deals only 1 Label. We will keep this in mind for the future! 

However, at the moment one option would be to have a custom field (single-option or multiple-option depending on your needs) to mark that same nature of the inquiry. This way, it would also carry to the Deal.

• Kevin_57680
    Kevin_57680 Member Posts: 8
    edited March 2022 #3
    Kreete K said:

Hi Kevin!

At the moment there is no option to keep the Lead Labels also for the Deal. It is a limitation due to the fact that Leads can have multiple Labels and Deals only 1 Label. We will keep this in mind for the future! 

However, at the moment one option would be to have a custom field (single-option or multiple-option depending on your needs) to mark that same nature of the inquiry. This way, it would also carry to the Deal.

Thanks for this. 

How do I create custom fields on leads?