[Closed] Research: Does your team work on project delivery of won deals outside of Pipedrive?

Options
Mike van der Valk
Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
edited July 2023 in Sales CRM #1

EDIT: We have concluded this research session. If you have any comments, please post in the comment section :) 

• Would you like these project managers to be working inside Pipedrive instead of Google sheets, Trello, Monday, Asana etc..?
  • But you don't want to pay the full Pipedrive subscription fee for them as they don't need all the sales functionality?

Well in that case let's talk!  🚀

Today we have our projects beta live for a few hundred customers. Write to mike@pipedrive.com if you'd also like access and don't have it yet.

We're aiming to build a "projects-only experience" where some of your users might not have access to the deals environment but to projects only. This way there can be 3 types of users:

1. Users that don't have access to Projects but do to the rest of Pipedrive
  2. Projects only users
  3. Users with both sales and projects access

So you can decide the price you pay for your users and the access you give them.

Speaking of access, that's what we want to talk to you about. We want to learn what things this "projects-only user" should see or should not see.

Do you have this use case and do you want to help us learn, please book a ~30-minute time slot via this link where we can learn from you 🙏🏻

Talk soon!

Comments

• Hossein Mohsenian_8278
    Hossein Mohsenian_8278 Member Posts: 78
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #2
    Options

Hi Mike and Team, the answer is a 3 letters Y E S. We use simPRO. This software has been used widely in Australia and America. As for most of our projects almost everyone in different departments need to have access to.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Mike and Team, the answer is a 3 letters Y E S. We use simPRO. This software has been used widely in Australia and America. As for most of our projects almost everyone in different departments need to have access to.

Hi @Hossein Mohsenian I know we've spoken in the past but I'd love to talk to you some more deeper on this topic. Please find a day/time to connect via Zoom  on this link.

• Gonçalo
    Gonçalo Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #4
    Options

Hi Mike,

We have all three types of users

• Sales team only use sales part but may check project part, not often
    • Subcontractors will only consult project part
    • Project management team will only use project part
    • And admin and directing will use both.

What a "projects-only user" should see or should not see:

• Should only see tasks that they have been assigned to in a project
    • And the overall details of the project such as project name, site address, project manager in charge,
    • And certain specific details determined by the project management team
    • Should not be able to see all tasks and fields of the project
    • Should be able to confirm their availability/acceptance of assigned tasks or suggest changes to those, especially dates

We use other software to work on project delivery. The main reasons are that the software allows us to do what Pipedrive is not able to yet (but surely will soon). Some examples:

• External parties (subcontractors) able to see the status and changes to projects or tasks they have been assigned to or connected to
    • Able to see this through mobile app
    • And also our own users have the ability to make changes and updates through that same mobile app
    • Able to have the same tasks and fields viewed through different perspectives (for example, if all projects have 5 tasks with 10 fields and 3 of them are admin related, we can create a view/perspective for the admin team that only sees those admin fields. When either the admin team or the project management team update or add to those fields both sides see an updated version since they are the same fields just shown differently - they would be viewed as if they were different projects, a PM on e and an admin one)
    • Have an easy way to see timeline of tasks within projects dependencies
    • And see dependencies of tasks with the same assignees (same subcontractor or admin person or even project manager assigned to tasks in different projects that can't overlap, so have to be scheduled consecutively)

Thank you

Regards,

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2022 #5
    Options
    Gonçalo said:

Hi Mike,

We have all three types of users

• Sales team only use sales part but may check project part, not often
    • Subcontractors will only consult project part
    • Project management team will only use project part
    • And admin and directing will use both.

What a "projects-only user" should see or should not see:

• Should only see tasks that they have been assigned to in a project
    • And the overall details of the project such as project name, site address, project manager in charge,
    • And certain specific details determined by the project management team
    • Should not be able to see all tasks and fields of the project
    • Should be able to confirm their availability/acceptance of assigned tasks or suggest changes to those, especially dates

We use other software to work on project delivery. The main reasons are that the software allows us to do what Pipedrive is not able to yet (but surely will soon). Some examples:

• External parties (subcontractors) able to see the status and changes to projects or tasks they have been assigned to or connected to
    • Able to see this through mobile app
    • And also our own users have the ability to make changes and updates through that same mobile app
    • Able to have the same tasks and fields viewed through different perspectives (for example, if all projects have 5 tasks with 10 fields and 3 of them are admin related, we can create a view/perspective for the admin team that only sees those admin fields. When either the admin team or the project management team update or add to those fields both sides see an updated version since they are the same fields just shown differently - they would be viewed as if they were different projects, a PM on e and an admin one)
    • Have an easy way to see timeline of tasks within projects dependencies
    • And see dependencies of tasks with the same assignees (same subcontractor or admin person or even project manager assigned to tasks in different projects that can't overlap, so have to be scheduled consecutively)

Thank you

Regards,

Hi @Gonçalo 

Thank you so much for sharing! I'll share this with our team researching the projects-only experience, I appreciate you taking the time to write this all down for us :) 

• Mark Felegyhazi
    Mark Felegyhazi Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #6
    Options

We are managing all projects, not just sales in Jira and it works pretty well. We have a Jira board for sales projects (epics), but the daily work happens in PD.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2022 #7
    Options

We are managing all projects, not just sales in Jira and it works pretty well. We have a Jira board for sales projects (epics), but the daily work happens in PD.

Hi @Mark Felegyhazi thanks for your response. Curious to learn what you like most about Jira, what are some of the crucial features for you there? 

• Mark Felegyhazi
    Mark Felegyhazi Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited March 2022 #8
    Options

Jira is a single source of info and project mgmt tool for us. The agile methodology, kanban, sprints are useful for the day-to-day business. Epics, backlogs and issues/tasks with priorities are useful for planning and calibration. Advance roadmaps is useful for checking high-level cross-team progress for the whole company.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2022 #9
    Options

Thank you Mark!

• Amanda Witz
    Amanda Witz Member Posts: 10
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited May 2022 #10
    Options

We are a consulting firm. We started with Pipedrive Nov 2021 & have been very happy with it for CRM. We auto create a project in Asana & then run our project off Asana & PSOhub (budget, hours reporting, expense reporting & invoices clients). My main issue right now is I have info in multiple systems. I would love to switch my PM over to Pipedrive but we have many consultants which may be on a project for a month or so & then not. Any chance you are looking at floating seats? Also, we can have multiple people from our clients also added to our Asana project where we add tasks for them but also it provides them visibility on what is going on. Asana for us is missing the budget so if your system could integrate with PSO hub to pull in the budget info that would be amazing. Also really need true Gantt chart features where with interdependences so we can truly build out a timeline. I am PMP certified & would love to help you build out these features. Let me know how to help. I think the consulting field is large & no system is truly working for any of us.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2022 #11
    Options

We are a consulting firm. We started with Pipedrive Nov 2021 & have been very happy with it for CRM. We auto create a project in Asana & then run our project off Asana & PSOhub (budget, hours reporting, expense reporting & invoices clients). My main issue right now is I have info in multiple systems. I would love to switch my PM over to Pipedrive but we have many consultants which may be on a project for a month or so & then not. Any chance you are looking at floating seats? Also, we can have multiple people from our clients also added to our Asana project where we add tasks for them but also it provides them visibility on what is going on. Asana for us is missing the budget so if your system could integrate with PSO hub to pull in the budget info that would be amazing. Also really need true Gantt chart features where with interdependences so we can truly build out a timeline. I am PMP certified & would love to help you build out these features. Let me know how to help. I think the consulting field is large & no system is truly working for any of us.

Thanks for the interesting comments @Amanda Witz I see you've been trying out the beta so you've probably seen we don't do everything yet but we'll get there. Please keep sharing your feedback with us through the inapp message! 

• Tran Minh Tuan
    Tran Minh Tuan Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2022 #12
    Options

Hello. Please enable for our organization. Thank you in advance!

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2022 #13
    Options

Hello. Please enable for our organization. Thank you in advance!

I see you got access now, have fun!