deleted contacts filter

Catherine Birchall
Catherine Birchall Member Posts: 4

Deleted contacts need a filter so they can be viewed later. Hi all when you delete bounced contacts you cannot filter to relocate later.  Deleted contacts should be able to be filtered so you can restore them later when you find out where they have found new employment

2 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited March 2022 #2

Hi Catherine!

I agree, with the idea! We definitely should get a filter option for Organizations and Contacts. A workaround for meanwhile is to make a custom field " STATUS" and automation, when a contact is deleted it gets "Deleted" in the field.

• Tobhiyah Green
    Tobhiyah Green Member Posts: 5
    edited March 2022 #3

Hi Catherine!

I agree, with the idea! We definitely should get a filter option for Organizations and Contacts. A workaround for meanwhile is to make a custom field " STATUS" and automation, when a contact is deleted it gets "Deleted" in the field.

Can you explain or share a video of how you do this/how it works please? I've been copying the info and putting it in a note in the organization so I can still refer to it if necessary.

• Andre Vill
    edited March 2022 #4

Hi Catherine!

Hi Tobhiyah!

Of course! I will have video up tomorrow for it :)

• Andre Vill
    edited March 2022 #5

Hi!

So if you have deleted a contact person and you want to find them, there are 2 things you could do.

1. If you are talking to a specific customer, you can just search bar and restore the contact person, that is in your database. Even if they are soft deleted, you can always find them inside of your Pipedrive.

2. If you want to bulk find all the contacts you deleted, then you can create a custom filter for them. 
      Call it whatever you like and you can just filter it out later on. 

For everybody to get the Custom field tag into their profile, you would have to set up an automation, that detects when a person is deleted. 

Custom Field = Pipedrive status
      Single option =  Deleted
      And then set up an automation that, when ever a person gets deleted it adds the Deleted option into the custom field. 

After all that, you can set up a filter for Contacts, with Person - Pipedrive status - Is - Deleted

Hope this helps, I will add all the images under here. Might look a bit messy, but Pipedrives community won't let me upload them any better.

BR,

Andre