Keep a Record of Lead Labels when converting to Deals

Jonathan Templin
Jonathan Templin Member Posts: 5
First Comment

I'm not sure exactly what the best way of doing this would be, but I was a bit surprised after converting some leads to deals that any labels that had been attached to the Lead disappeared, and I couldn't find a record of them anywhere.

1 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited April 2022 #2

Instead of using labels, use a custom field to achieve pretty much the same thing ... 

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 174
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #3

Instead of using labels, use a custom field to achieve pretty much the same thing ... 

Yes I changed labels to type of service they were inquiring about and then created a custom lead/deal field that show these details. Custom fields will transfer from lead to deals. Labels don't.

• Jonathan Templin
    Jonathan Templin Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited April 2022 #4

Yes, that's not a bad solution moving forward, but it was more frustrating to get caught out when a lead converted to a deal, and I no longer had any record of what the lead had been labelled. Going forward, I likely just won't use labels.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 174
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #5

Crossed the same bridge a year ago with labels. It's frustrating to have all the previous leads labeled and not be able to do anything with it.

Lead inbox is great but it's not finished imo. For one it's not in the iOS app yet and insights is lacking.

The entire label system is bit frustrating. I'm not sure why they are hard coded but would love a custom field that supports labels and unlimited colors.