Linking notes/activities from Organization to Deal, rather than Deal to Organization

Cristopher Peterson
Cristopher Peterson Member Posts: 4

Spoke with a very helpful representative earlier, regarding a potential struggle our company is facing. Currently, posting to a deal will auto populate on the corresponding organization. However, due to coding and how the items are linked; it isn't possible to post a generic update/note to the organization and it auto populate across all the associated deals.

For example, we have an organization with 15 deals. Currently, we have one contact with an organization who will be the main contact for all 15 deals. We have so many deals made, to account for specific business being done. When we receive a generic update from our contact, such as "spoke with Mr./Mrs.___, they advised they would call back with more info at such and such time". We individually have to go in to each of the 15 deals, to post this exact same message, for tracking purposes and accuracy. Wondering if there is a way to somehow link the org to all the deals, so that posting on the org page, auto populates that same message across all associated deals.?

Not a deal breaker by any means, just time consuming and tedious when the same message needs to be posted to all corresponding deals. 

Thanks for the great service Pipedrive Team!

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #2

Just my personal opinion here... I would not be concerned with such a note being attached to each individual deal. When I reference communication about a deal or deals I always look to the person record that the deal is associated with because communication happens between two people about the deal. Not between the salesperson and the deal. The only time I would look to document something specific to the deal level would be if it was different and of significant consequence than what was discussed about the other outstanding deals. to me, it seems needlessly redundant to make the same note on all 15 deals. my unsolicited thoughts on the matter. 

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #3

Hi.

If it's like per period-specific messages like your example "spoke with Mr./Mrs.___, they advised they would call back with more info at such and such time". Then adding a custom field with a Large text field, would be the easiest workaround for this. Adding a new note to that field would mean you would have to remove the old one sadly.

• Cristopher Peterson
    edited April 2022 #4

Just my personal opinion here... I would not be concerned with such a note being attached to each individual deal. When I reference communication about a deal or deals I always look to the person record that the deal is associated with because communication happens between two people about the deal. Not between the salesperson and the deal. The only time I would look to document something specific to the deal level would be if it was different and of significant consequence than what was discussed about the other outstanding deals. to me, it seems needlessly redundant to make the same note on all 15 deals. my unsolicited thoughts on the matter. 

Appreciate the helpful advice, I can definitely understand this perspective. Sadly, with the nature of our deals, the person changes or can change quite frequently; in which we could be dealing with several different contacts associated with an organization, to get a deal done. Attaching everything to the contact would leave missing info from the deal; potentially causing difficulty in communication with another potential contact within that same organization. At the time, we might be working through 1 contact for all the associated deals, but some organizations could easily turn in to 3 or 4 different individuals we end up communicating with....for each deal. I haven't been using Pipedrive wrong, so its very possible I could have a misunderstanding of how some things work.

Also some of this info above wasn't provided in the initial submission, apologies on that. But grateful for the help. If you have additional thoughts or tips on this, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

• Cristopher Peterson
    edited April 2022 #5

Just a side note....honestly this has only happened less than a handful of times, and is not a consistent struggle by any means. But we aren't sure if it will be a more relevant struggle in the near future, which spawned the curiosity of a potential workaround....if one is available.

• Cristopher Peterson
    edited April 2022 #6

Hi.

If it's like per period-specific messages like your example "spoke with Mr./Mrs.___, they advised they would call back with more info at such and such time". Then adding a custom field with a Large text field, would be the easiest workaround for this. Adding a new note to that field would mean you would have to remove the old one sadly.

That is what we would be afraid of....we would need the note to remain attached to the account, for tracking purposes, rather than acting as an "update" that is changed with each new note.

But I appreciate the advice! Definitely grateful for the different workaround suggestions. As I mentioned in the comment below, I could be oblivious to a clear resolution, or be misunderstanding part of how Pipedrive works/operates. Maybe there is a better way; always open to help and advice!

• Nicki Kane
    Nicki Kane Member Posts: 45
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #7

Hey Cristopher,

could you set up a zapier integration that automatically copies notes in a particular field (I'm thinking maybe a custom field might be a good candidate for this, but perhaps notes would be fine- depends where you want to look for the notes, I guess!)? 

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited April 2022 #8

Hi.

Another manual workaround would be to add the same thing I explained above but to just copy-paste it into deal Notes and pin the Notes at the top of the deal. You everybody in the company does the same thing and understands this, it could easily fix the issue.