Pause auto-emails on weekends and public holidays- possible?

Jane Fondle
Jane Fondle Member Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I'm wondering if it's possible to do this for emails sent via workflow automations. It doesn't look like it is but it doesn't look professional in my business for a client to receive an email on these days. 

Comments

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 847
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Combo Breaker
    edited April 2022 #2

There is currently no way to really stop them without manually pausing the specific campaign 

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #3

Hi @Jane Fondle  - Agreed this is a super frustrating limitation of Pipedrive's workflow automation. I use Zapier (https://zapier.com/) for most automations as it allows for much more granular control around this. Public holidays is still a tricky one. It can be done using coding and specific calendar libraries, but it's often not worth the effort. If you're interested in learning more about Zapier, please let me know.

• Jane Fondle
    edited April 2022 #4

Hi @Jane Fondle  - Agreed this is a super frustrating limitation of Pipedrive's workflow automation. I use Zapier (https://zapier.com/) for most automations as it allows for much more granular control around this. Public holidays is still a tricky one. It can be done using coding and specific calendar libraries, but it's often not worth the effort. If you're interested in learning more about Zapier, please let me know.

Thanks Liz. I do use Zapier to trigger my automations but they get triggered based on the number of days after enter a certain deal stage, or the number of days prior to or after the event. So that can't incorporate weekends either unfortunately. Hopefully Pipedrive create a solution for this because I'm sure most businesses don't want to send emails on weekends.

• Jane Fondle
    edited April 2022 #5

There is currently no way to really stop them without manually pausing the specific campaign 

That seems to defeat the purpose of an automation system when you have to go in and manually pause all campaigns every Friday and public holiday eve, then manually turn them all on again. Thanks for your response.

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #6

Got it. With zapier there are ways to delay action until after a weekend, for instance by calculating a certain number of business days and releasing after that timeframe, but it is something you would probably want an automation expert to build for you rather than attempting on your own. 

No-code automation has come a long way, but there’s definitely also still a long way for it to go! 

• Jane Fondle
    edited April 2022 #7

Thanks Liz. I do have an automation expert who has built all my automations. I'm just so amazed there's no way around not sending on weekends. Hopefully enough people will voice this issue and a solution is created by Pipedrive.