3 trigger email examples to engage prospects and customers
Here are some examples of how trigger emails provide value to customers in various fields.
1. Ecommerce platforms
Trigger emails act as a tour guide to support customers through their journey.
You may send an email when:
- A customer places or cancels an order
- A customer abandons their cart
- A customer hits a certain milestone, such as a year since they first signed up
2. SaaS companies
Trigger email strategies used by SaaS companies include:
- A new customer purchases your software, leading to a set of educational onboarding emails about your product
- A customer’s trial (or subscription) is ending soon, triggering an email that reminds them to purchase a new plan
These emails create a dialogue with customers and increase engagement with your company.
3. B2B companies
Trigger emails benefit your B2B marketing workflow by nurturing your leads. Even if they’re not ready to make a purchase, providing valuable information pushes them down the sales funnel, making them likely to convert into customers.