[CLOSED] Workflow Automations: Please help us by filling this survey for research!

Patricia Faria
Patricia Faria Member Posts: 6
Pipedrive Team
edited February 14 in Research and Beta Testing #1

EDIT: We have concluded this research session. If you have any comments, please post in the comment section :) 

Dear Pipedrive Community,

We’re currently researching Workflow Automation’s improvements in Pipedrive.

This would impact the way you see and organize your automations on what could be a new Automation's Dashboard.

We are conducting research about this and we would like you to rate some needs showing on this short survey that shouldn’t take longer than 1 minute to fill.

Here’s the link -> https://forms.gle/sPPRahDAdF6WctwU9 

Your feedback will help us and you a lot!

Thank you,

Patrícia Faria and VoC team

Comments

• Joana Carvalho_51298
    edited May 2022 #2

Such a great initiative and opportunity for our clients to share their valuable feedback! 

• svamann
    svamann Member Posts: 67
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #3

In addition to the ideas in the survey:

• Automations should be sorted by name, instead of creation date. Or at least it should be possible to change the sort criteria.
    • Users (not only admins) should be able to see at the those automations that they trigger (i.e., when an automation of another user is set to "Trigger by everyone"). Otherwise it is really hard to learn what actions are in place...
    • It would be really helpful to have automations with multiple triggers, e.g., the same action should happen if a contact is created OR updated. Currently, we need to create two separate automations to cover both triggers.
    • A grouping feature might be helpful, but what I actually want is to have multiple branches in an automation, e.g., if gender = male: set salutation = "Mr"; else if gender = female: set salutation = "Mrs." in one automation. I would use grouping as a workaround to group the separate automations we currently need to create to cover such cases.
    • It would be really helpful to be able trigger automations manually. E.g., when we create a new automation that ensures data consistency, I would like to apply it to all records once, to get them all into a consistent state, and then the automation ensures they stay there.
  • qualido GmbH
    qualido GmbH Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2022 #4

Hi There,

good to hear, that you are working on workflows.
    For our company and use case the following enhancements would be great:

• Ability to assign tasks to (PipeDrive)-Teams
    • Ability to send E-Mails to specific (PipeDrive)-Teams or PipeDrive-Users (not Contacts!)
    • Triggering workflows without creating or changing an item, to be able to auto-cooldown or auto-delete Leads or Deals, that havent been touched for a certain period (ideally in several steps).

Kind regards
    Thomas and th qualido Team

• Patricia Faria
    Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2022 #5

• Automations should be sorted by name, instead of creation date. Or at least it should be possible to change the sort criteria.
    • Users (not only admins) should be able to see at the those automations that they trigger (i.e., when an automation of another user is set to "Trigger by everyone"). Otherwise it is really hard to learn what actions are in place...
    • It would be really helpful to have automations with multiple triggers, e.g., the same action should happen if a contact is created OR updated. Currently, we need to create two separate automations to cover both triggers.
    • A grouping feature might be helpful, but what I actually want is to have multiple branches in an automation, e.g., if gender = male: set salutation = "Mr"; else if gender = female: set salutation = "Mrs." in one automation. I would use grouping as a workaround to group the separate automations we currently need to create to cover such cases.
    • It would be really helpful to be able trigger automations manually. E.g., when we create a new automation that ensures data consistency, I would like to apply it to all records once, to get them all into a consistent state, and then the automation ensures they stay there.

Hello Sven,

Thank you for taking the time to share additional feedback. We will take your ideas into consideration when building our research proposal. 

If you have any other ideas or any questions, please feel free to reach out. 

Best, 

Patricia 

• Ion Mardari_55986
    Ion Mardari_55986 Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #6

Hello, 

This is wonderful that you are thinking about how to improve the Workflow Automations features.

Now, it's not enjoyable at all to use this part of the system. 

I would like to have the  ability to create workflows in an environment similar to the Pipeline. So, the admin, clicks on a button to open automations, there a backstage Pipeline is opened (with the same stages, but there I see not the deals, but the automations), and there I can create automations for a specific trigger in a specific pipeline stage. There I would like to see what automations are in use in that pipeline, with just one fast look.  

Another feature I see will be useful: the ability to mark an activity(workflow automation) like done when I change the deal to a new stage in the pipeline. 

• David Kregl
    David Kregl Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #7

Hi There,

good to hear, that you are working on workflows.
    For our company and use case the following enhancements would be great:

• Ability to assign tasks to (PipeDrive)-Teams
    • Ability to send E-Mails to specific (PipeDrive)-Teams or PipeDrive-Users (not Contacts!)
    • Triggering workflows without creating or changing an item, to be able to auto-cooldown or auto-delete Leads or Deals, that havent been touched for a certain period (ideally in several steps).

Kind regards
    Thomas and th qualido Team

+1 for assigning the tasks to teams

ADD: If there was a possibility to assign a specific e-mail address to a team, it could be used throughout Pipedrive for notifications and sending e-mails. For example we have team addresses setup using Google Workspace Groups.

@qualido GmbH We use Make for such automations you describe in the bullet point no. 3. Check it out, it has native support for Pipedrive CRM.

• David Kregl
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #8

+1 for sorting by name

+1 for multiple triggers of a certain automation!

• Morgan Scott
    Morgan Scott Member Posts: 3
    edited May 2022 #9

Hello,

I just wanted to throw out an idea that I've brought up with your help team in the past. 

My organization is spread across multiple time zones. I am the primary source for setting up appointments with our sales people, however our clients and sales people are spread across 5 or so different time zones. I include the client's time zone when I create the deal, though this is just a custom field so it is not recognized as anything other than generic data when I'm creating automations.

Currently, I have an automation set up to create a task for our initial meetings when a new deal is added, however I'm unable to set the exact time zone so the appointments are just created as an all-day event. Obviously this is an issue when it comes to our calendars as we then need to go in and manually adjust the time of the appointments. 

If time zones could be added as a set data point and something that could be used when creating meetings in automations, I'm sure that would assist not only my organization but other companies with national or international clients as well. In the past, I have searched for a solution to this and come across numerous Community posts from people who are just as frustrated with the current system as I am. 

Please consider this as something that could be incredibly useful for a large portion of your userbase and something to discuss adding in the future.

• Ion Mardari_55986
    Ion Mardari_55986 Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #10

Hello,

I just wanted to throw out an idea that I've brought up with your help team in the past. 

My organization is spread across multiple time zones. I am the primary source for setting up appointments with our sales people, however our clients and sales people are spread across 5 or so different time zones. I include the client's time zone when I create the deal, though this is just a custom field so it is not recognized as anything other than generic data when I'm creating automations.

Currently, I have an automation set up to create a task for our initial meetings when a new deal is added, however I'm unable to set the exact time zone so the appointments are just created as an all-day event. Obviously this is an issue when it comes to our calendars as we then need to go in and manually adjust the time of the appointments. 

If time zones could be added as a set data point and something that could be used when creating meetings in automations, I'm sure that would assist not only my organization but other companies with national or international clients as well. In the past, I have searched for a solution to this and come across numerous Community posts from people who are just as frustrated with the current system as I am. 

Please consider this as something that could be incredibly useful for a large portion of your userbase and something to discuss adding in the future.

Support it. We have this issue also, every day.

• RI
    RI Member Posts: 15
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #11

Ability to trigger an automation when prospect or customer responds to an email (sends an email INTO pipedrive.) Eg, new email in deal. Example: New email arrives for deal in "cold" status, move to "hot" status. Or move to a different pipeline. Or a different stage.

• Glenda G Anderson
    Glenda G Anderson Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #12

These suggestions in the user comments are far more important to most of us than the 4 "enhancements" in the survey.   Why not expand the survey to include these that are "harder to implement" but "add significant user value" ?   The results might surprise you.

• Morgan Scott
    edited May 2022 #13

These suggestions in the user comments are far more important to most of us than the 4 "enhancements" in the survey.   Why not expand the survey to include these that are "harder to implement" but "add significant user value" ?   The results might surprise you.

Agreed. I was happy to fill in the survey but disappointed to find the lack of a comment box. 

• Mimi Morada
    Mimi Morada Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2022 #14

Would be great to have the following (on top of those mentioned in the survey, and the previous comments)

• Ability for an admin to edit the team's workflows - great for making sure things don't break when the person who owns the workflow is unavailable
    • Internal email notifications - for when we need to notify the team regarding changes to the deals
    • Ability to set "from" address when using the email action - so we don't have to have duplicate workflows for different sales reps, and so they don't have to own the workflows
    • Changelogs so we can see how the workflow changed or if it has been edited
    • Enrollment logs so we can see if there are records currently enrolled and which ones passed through the workflow historically

• Morgan Scott
    edited May 2022 #15

Would be great to have the following (on top of those mentioned in the survey, and the previous comments)

• Ability for an admin to edit the team's workflows - great for making sure things don't break when the person who owns the workflow is unavailable
    • Internal email notifications - for when we need to notify the team regarding changes to the deals
    • Ability to set "from" address when using the email action - so we don't have to have duplicate workflows for different sales reps, and so they don't have to own the workflows
    • Enrollment logs so we can see if there are records currently enrolled and which ones passed through the workflow historically

+1 for admin accessing all workflows

• svamann
    edited June 2022 #16

While we're at it: It would be awesome if Workflow Automations could trigger a web hook, i.e., call a certain URL with some payload from the Pipedrive data. Would make integration with our IT infra much easier (currently, it seems we need to build a Pipedrive app for this...).

• Keith Greywood
    Keith Greywood Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited May 2022 #17

Done. All of these features would be great and would have been useful for me. Put in order of preference

• David Kregl
    First Comment
    edited June 2022 #18

While we're at it: It would be awesome if Workflow Automations could trigger a web hook, i.e., call a certain URL with some payload from the Pipedrive data. Would make integration with our IT infra much easier (currently, it seems we need to build a Pipedrive app for this...).

+1 for triggering a webhook as part of an automation

• Mimi Morada
    Mimi Morada Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2022 #19

Added a few more ^

• Pouyan Torabi
    Pouyan Torabi Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2022 #20

- Action to send SMS or WhatsApp message in addition to e-mail.

Perhaps this would be possible to implement via integration with something like Twilio, thats how ServiceNow and SalesForce do it

• Patricia Faria
    Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2022 #21

Perhaps this would be possible to implement via integration with something like Twilio, thats how ServiceNow and SalesForce do it

Hello Pouyan, 

We have the option to integrate Whatsapp by Twillio and Facebook Messenger. 

Thanks 

• Patricia Faria
    Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2022 #22

Thank you so much for your precious feedback and for engaging in the improvements discussion. 

We already closed the form in order to present the results. 

Your contribute is always welcome and please always feel free to reach out to us every time to have something to say. 

All the best! 

• svamann
    edited May 2022 #23

Thank you so much for your precious feedback and for engaging in the improvements discussion. 

Your contribute is always welcome and please always feel free to reach out to us every time to have something to say. 

All the best! 

Is there already a (rough) timeline, when we'll hear back from this?

• Patricia Faria
    Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2022 #24

All the best! 

Hi Sven, 

No timeline yet. We will present the results next week and will then decide on the priorities. 

As soon as we have news about it we'll inform you all. 

Thank you !

• Pouyan Torabi
    Pouyan Torabi Member Posts: 10
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2022 #25

Hi @Patricia Faria I meant to be able to use that as an action in workflow automations. The same way that we have action to send e-mail. Is that possible currently?

• Patricia Faria
    Pipedrive Team
    edited May 2022 #26

Hello Pouyan, 

We launched Whatsapp and Messenger quite recently and at the moment is not possible to integrate with Workflow Automations.

Best

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2022 #27

make that +2 !

This discussion has been closed.