New Deal Detail view - Beta testers wanted (Concluded)

Rene H
Rene H Pipedrive Team Posts: 22 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Likes Photogenic
edited February 14 in Research and Beta Testing #1

EDIT: This test is now completed, thank you for your participation!

Hello dear Pipedrivers 👋

We have been working on *improving our deal detail pages* in a number of ways and are now looking for volunteers to try it out and give us feedback on the new solution.

<strong>Update: </strong>Big thank you to everyone! We've had an unexpectedly high interest in the Beta. You can still enrol, but might get the new Beta experience later than 11 of July as we gradually keep increasing the rollout.

Who are we looking for:

• Users who often work with deals and deal detail page
  • Users who are frequently using and editing deal detail view - using notes, attachments, email sync, marketplace apps, invoices or SmartDocs (you don’t need to be using all of these options)
  • You are using Pipedrive in English

What has changed:

• Visual updates to the deal detail view (see the screenshot below for details)
  • Asynchronous loading for detail timeline, which will improve page load time
  • A number of under the hood technical improvements

When do I get it?

We are expecting to start rolling out the updates to Beta testers in mid-July.

Thank you! ☀️

Rene

Tagged:

Comments

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #2

Looks great, hopefully, can try this out soon! Do you have any development plans for making Pipeline based custom fields as well? 

• Dereck Breuning
    Dereck Breuning Member Posts: 49
    First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2022 #3

I enrolled. Looking forward to trying this out.

• Rene H
    edited May 2022 #4

Looks great, hopefully, can try this out soon! Do you have any development plans for making Pipeline based custom fields as well? 

Hi Andre 👋
    Currently we don't have this in our plans. 
    Could you elaborate a bit on the possible use cases (and the limitation of regular custom fields)?

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #5

Hi, Rene!

Of course! I am well prepared to have this talk!

Let's say I have 2-3 pipelines (just as a pure example for some of our clients, there are a lot of users, with even more than this.).

• Sales
    • Project management
    • Maintenance

Now, the sales team has 5-10 custom fields, which are needed for closing a project. Basic information about the client just to map the needs.

Project management will have another 5-10, which they will need. But they are not going to need all 10 fields from sales, which means, that when the Project managers will start work, they will have to look at a wall of 20 custom fields. (more or less, depends on the company)

And now we are at the third pipeline, looking at 25 custom fields, but they will never need at least 20 of them. This clutters up the deal details and makes things 10x more confusing for the new users.

If we could choose, which custom fields would be in which pipeline,  it would actually help out by bringing in more departments from already existing companies as well. Currently bringing another department in means that there will be another 5-10 custom fields.

I am also linking 5+ community threads about this through the years. This is something that community has been asking for years.

2022 -  
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/filtering-details-per-pipeline-6272f0652089ebe32aff3beb
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/allow-customisation-of-the-deal-card-please-6279dfbc6e7d5a7140f614d9

2021 -  
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/details-for-multiple-pipelines-6009ae8bd17b947abde68d12
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/variable-deal-details-pane-6004516ebbe8817e9e00872d
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/different-pipelines---same-details-6138998f74ab5ddf88006291
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/conditional-logic-for-display-of-custom-fields-in-deal-detail-5fd2393a83de08487eba8f89
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/feature-request---conditional-nested-fields-in-deal-details-section-6141a83b8cbd6abf94fa193c

2020 -  
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/custom-fields-per-product-deal-pipeline-5e38099bfac89f66159e886f
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/custom-fields-for-each-pipeline-5f73025f71196641fd35d4b8

• Pipedrive User 164
    Pipedrive User 164 Member Posts: 171
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Likes
    edited May 2022 #6

If hiding the deal details behind additional drop downs vs. having it always displayed when on the deal details page is the improvement I can tell you I am not a fan of that. At least for the non custom deal details. Maybe having customers deal details hidden behind a drop down would be practical. Especially if the availability exists to create multiple custom sections. But for the organization, person, participants, overview, etc. my preference would be to keep those items displayed as usual. It’s less complicated. Fewer clicks to get to the top formation you want to view. I’m currently not actively using pipedrive because I left the organization. But I have a lot of experience with building out our implementation. I’m currently suffering with the over complicated implementation of Salesforce and would love to be back on the streamlined, better design of Pipedrive. 

• Gonçalo
    Gonçalo Member Posts: 14
    First Comment
    edited May 2022 #7

Count me in Rene

Thanks

Gonçalo

• Keith Greywood
    Keith Greywood Member Posts: 35
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited May 2022 #8

Be happy to test

• Альона Мукомелець
    edited June 2022 #9

We also support such a request! hiding the fields from the pipeline would significantly increase the level of satisfaction of managers

• Francesco
    Francesco Member Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #10

Here we are! Ready to test it! 😉

• Kingsley Holdaway
    Kingsley Holdaway Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #11

I completely 100% agree!!!

This is a must have!!!!!

We have SO MANY custom fields that aren't required in all of our pipelines. 

THIS HAS TO BE ADDED. It makes no sense why it's not being included.

PLEASE!!!!

• David Black_70763
    David Black_70763 Member Posts: 2
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited May 2022 #12

Hi there - we'd love to be included in the Beta testing :) 

• Rene H
    edited June 2022 #13

Aitäh Andre,

This is great feedback. I think potentially some of this "wall of custom fields" might be alleviated by using the Project Management tool (currently in Beta), so you could potentially reduce the number of pipelines in use. But probably this won't solve the issue completely.

I'll discuss this with our product designers as well based on the additional feedback from other users and the historical threads on this. Personally I think it makes sense for us to tackle it.

But also just to manage expectations - we get quite a few improvement ideas every month, so we have to stack rank them before building them, which means that some great features are a long time coming, but just wanted to assure you that all of feedback like this is really valued and goes into decision making and sooner or later you'll see it in Pipedrive :)

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2022 #14

Totally agree on this. Actually i thought i could do it in this way, and was surprised that custom fields cannot be restricted/managed based on a pipeline or a view.

• Mathias Brask
    Mathias Brask Member Posts: 51
    Photogenic 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2022 #15

Ready to test aswell. Please do enable this on our account.

• Jörgen Sjöstrand_231
    Jörgen Sjöstrand_231 Member Posts: 80
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited June 2022 #16

yes beta please

• Laurie_58144
    Laurie_58144 Member Posts: 21
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #17

Quick Question- If selected for Beta test will it apply to the whole company or just myself?  I ask, because I am interested in Beta testing, but if it affects how my co workers currently interact with Pipedrive it would be a no go.  However, I use the fields in the details page, notes, emails is how I mainly use Pipedrive

• Rene H
    edited June 2022 #18
    Laurie said:

Quick Question- If selected for Beta test will it apply to the whole company or just myself?  I ask, because I am interested in Beta testing, but if it affects how my co workers currently interact with Pipedrive it would be a no go.  However, I use the fields in the details page, notes, emails is how I mainly use Pipedrive

Great question - it's just for your account, not the whole company. 
    Also in the worst case when for some reason you need to opt out, there's a button on the beta banner for this.

• Tran Minh Tuan
    Tran Minh Tuan Member Posts: 6
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2022 #19

I enrolled. Looking forward to trying this out.

• Julian DeStephano
    Julian DeStephano Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2022 #20

Please add us to the Beta. Express Auto Hail Repair. 

We LIVE and BREATH the deals and details page. 

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes

Hi !

Is it possible to be part of the Bêta test ?

Thanks a lot !

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,048 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment First Answer

Hi everyone, this feature is gradually becoming available for more companies to try out. Feel free to leave your feedback and let the team know what you think 📝

This discussion has been closed.