Is there a way to automatically move deals without activity for some time?

Usuario TI
Usuario TI Member Posts: 5
First Anniversary Photogenic
edited July 2022 in Workflow Automation #1

I'm trying to set up an automated flow but I cannot find how to access the stagnation status or the last modified date.

Comments

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 Insightfuls
    edited May 2022 #2

Hi @Usuario TI - There are a few ways to hack to this solution. 

If you want to use a tool like Zapier, you can use the "deal rot" feature for this. Under your Pipeline settings:

you will select that a deal "rot" after a certain number of days. What that means is if there is no email, note, activity, etc. for that deal within that time period, the deal will "rot." Then, you'll create a filter which is "deal is rotting" and can use that trigger in Zapier.

Another option in Zapier or Workflow Automations is to set up a workflow like this:

1. Trigger the start of a workflow when a deal enters a certain stage (for example)
    2. Delay X time period
    3. Find the deal again
    4. If the deal matches the conditions you define (e.g. last update time >10 days ago), have the automation take the defined action.

We all wish there was a simpler way to build flows like this, but for now there is not. Once you get the hang of the setup, however, it's quick to replicate across the pipeline!

• Usuario TI
    Usuario TI Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited May 2022 #3

If you want to use a tool like Zapier, you can use the "deal rot" feature for this. Under your Pipeline settings:

you will select that a deal "rot" after a certain number of days. What that means is if there is no email, note, activity, etc. for that deal within that time period, the deal will "rot." Then, you'll create a filter which is "deal is rotting" and can use that trigger in Zapier.

Another option in Zapier or Workflow Automations is to set up a workflow like this:

1. Trigger the start of a workflow when a deal enters a certain stage (for example)
    2. Delay X time period
    3. Find the deal again
    4. If the deal matches the conditions you define (e.g. last update time >10 days ago), have the automation take the defined action.

We all wish there was a simpler way to build flows like this, but for now there is not. Once you get the hang of the setup, however, it's quick to replicate across the pipeline!

Hi Liz, thanks for your answer! I'm trying to solve this only using Pipedrive.

I think I found another way ...

In Automation you can specify to match with a filter, and you can create a filter with a condition that the update time should be after the rotten time. 

It still does not work for me: the automation activates every time. But I feel I'm near the solution :-)

• Liz (Ops Designed)
    Liz (Ops Designed) Member Posts: 211
    First Answer 5 Likes First Comment 5 Insightfuls
    edited May 2022 #4

2. Delay X time period
    3. Find the deal again

Amazing! I'd love to see the final solution. Please post a screenshot here, if you think of it :)