Auto Responders

Options
Sales Team_3465
Sales Team_3465 Member Posts: 5
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

Hey Pipedrivers, I have prospect email inquiries coming from our website auto synched with a Pipedrive email address. Is there a way to set up an auto responder so that the prospect gets an immediate email telling them we'll get back to them shortly? I thought I saw this before but now I can't figure out how to find?

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Sales Team so basically they are sending you an email and you want to send an auto reply you'll get back to them shortly? Are they filling in some web form that generates an email or something or just sending you a direct email?

• Sales Team_3465
    edited February 2022 #3
    Options

They are sending a direct email. We have a webform also, so that is not a problem. The direct emails are. 

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited May 2020 #4
    Options

They are sending a direct email. We have a webform also, so that is not a problem. The direct emails are. 

@Sales Team There's no option in Pipedrive to set auto-replies but in most email providers that can be linked to Pipedrive you can do that. Google and Outlook as the major ones have the ability to set auto replies. Is this something you could potentially set up outside of Pipedrive?

• Sales Team_3465
    edited April 2022 #5
    Options

Thanks! I thought I was missing something, but turns out I had it right!

• Tomás Girardi
    Tomás Girardi Member Posts: 8
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6
    Options

@Sales Team  There is a way, but you would need to use an external tool: Zapier (or Integromat which is cheaper).

There are several workflows you can try with a tool like that. I'm not sure what the best flow for your case would be, but one could be the following:

1. Use Zapier to create a workflow that turns every new email received in that email address into a new contact for the sender of that email (this is very helpful for other reasons also). One way of doing this is setting a filter/rule that automatically forwards all emails received in that inbox to a Zapier inbox. Receiving an email on that inbox is then considered as a trigger for Zapier and the next action would be to find a contact for the sender of that email on Pipedrive. Zapier can create the contact if it can't find it (so your contacts wont get duplicated if someone sends you more than one email to that address).
    2. Do one more thing with the above workflow: update the date for a custom date field called "Date last email sent to xxx@xxx.com" with the current date.
    3. In Pipedrive create 2 automations: one with the trigger of new contact created and one for contact updated. For the first one use a filter to be sure to continue only if "Date last email sent to xxx@xxx.com" has a value. For the second one continue only if "Date last email sent to xxx@xxx.com" has changed.
    4. Finally: make those 2 automations send the email to the contact after the filter.

Zapier can do awesome things.

I have some very useful automations like:

• Any contact in Google Contacts that I tag with "SQL" or "Send to Pipedrive" is automatically replicated on my pipedrive
    • When a contact or deal has just started to match a certain Pipedrive filter, I can automate some task with Zapier. For example, if a deal now matches a filter (i've created in Pipedrive) that includes only deals for which I have received 1 email and that email was received today, then I can move that deal to the next stage. It's useful when deals are created automatically and an automatic email is sent to them. If they reply to that deal, then I move them to the "replied" stage. If not, they are kept on the "waiting response" stage.
    • I replicate all Infusionsoft contacts inside Pipedrive (I'm still using Infusionsoft because Pipedrive is not a very good marketing automation tool just yet)

Hope this helps :-D

• Sales Team_3465
    edited May 2020 #7
    Options

@Sales Team  There is a way, but you would need to use an external tool: Zapier (or Integromat which is cheaper).

There are several workflows you can try with a tool like that. I'm not sure what the best flow for your case would be, but one could be the following:

1. Use Zapier to create a workflow that turns every new email received in that email address into a new contact for the sender of that email (this is very helpful for other reasons also). One way of doing this is setting a filter/rule that automatically forwards all emails received in that inbox to a Zapier inbox. Receiving an email on that inbox is then considered as a trigger for Zapier and the next action would be to find a contact for the sender of that email on Pipedrive. Zapier can create the contact if it can't find it (so your contacts wont get duplicated if someone sends you more than one email to that address).
    2. Do one more thing with the above workflow: update the date for a custom date field called "Date last email sent to xxx@xxx.com" with the current date.
    3. In Pipedrive create 2 automations: one with the trigger of new contact created and one for contact updated. For the first one use a filter to be sure to continue only if "Date last email sent to xxx@xxx.com" has a value. For the second one continue only if "Date last email sent to xxx@xxx.com" has changed.
    4. Finally: make those 2 automations send the email to the contact after the filter.

Zapier can do awesome things.

I have some very useful automations like:

• Any contact in Google Contacts that I tag with "SQL" or "Send to Pipedrive" is automatically replicated on my pipedrive
    • When a contact or deal has just started to match a certain Pipedrive filter, I can automate some task with Zapier. For example, if a deal now matches a filter (i've created in Pipedrive) that includes only deals for which I have received 1 email and that email was received today, then I can move that deal to the next stage. It's useful when deals are created automatically and an automatic email is sent to them. If they reply to that deal, then I move them to the "replied" stage. If not, they are kept on the "waiting response" stage.
    • I replicate all Infusionsoft contacts inside Pipedrive (I'm still using Infusionsoft because Pipedrive is not a very good marketing automation tool just yet)

Hope this helps :-D

Thank you very much for your considered reply. I'll dig into it.