iOS Authentication Issues

Jamie Pride
Jamie Pride Member Posts: 31
First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Fellow Pipedrivers - I was forced to log out of all of my mobile PD app accounts recently. When relogging in I continue to the "this link is no longer valid" error message. I have tried many things

• resend link
  • copy link and paste into safari - get wrong browser error and then open PD mobile app
  • un-install and reinstall PD app
  • full clearing of safari caches

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I cant use the iphone or ipad apps at all now because I can get past authentication. This is driving me crazy! iOs 15.5. PD mobile build 14.74!

Best Answer

• CarlosPD
    CarlosPD Posts: 41
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Answer Name Dropper
    #2 Answer ✓

Hey @Josh Buesking !👋🏼

You should be able to access your Mobile app with 2FA turned on. The issue you are seeing where the link is not working is most likely due to trying to click/hold to copy the link. Not to your fault, I've had the same issue doing so and this certainly is something we need to address. When you do this however, Gmail previews the link making it invalid to use after copying.

Usually following these steps help:

• Open Pipedrive mobile app and proceed to login triggering the email to be sent to your email address;
    • Open the email on your mobile email app;
    • Instead of clicking on the link to copy - click on the lower or upper text line and adjust the copy selection to be only the link;
    • Open Safari and paste the link there - you will get the image saying the wrong browser and to “open this link in Pipedrive app”;
    • After clicking on this hyperlink you will see a button “OPEN” on top right, click on it and you should be redirected to Pipedrive app already logged in.

This is by no means a fix, but a workaround in the meantime. If this does not bring resolve, can you try contacting support@pipedrive.com so we can investigate further?

Hope this helps!

Answers

• Jamie Pride
    edited June 2022 #3

I solved this problem by turning off two factor authentication on the account - but the email authentication process is super painful!

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #4

Hi Jamie! 

With this specific error actually, it usually does mean the link is expired and somehow you are not selecting the latest one. But if you have tried everything, please just reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com. They might ask some more specifying questions to understand what is going on and will check it further with our team. Thanks! 

• Jamie Pride
    edited June 2022 #5
    Kreete K said:

Hi Jamie! 

With this specific error actually, it usually does mean the link is expired and somehow you are not selecting the latest one. But if you have tried everything, please just reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com. They might ask some more specifying questions to understand what is going on and will check it further with our team. Thanks! 

Thanks. I did reach out to support - no joy. And I can definitely confirm the link was not expired and was not the wrong link. 

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #6
    Kreete K said:

Hi Jamie! 

Sorry to hear that! 
    I see the issue indeed was not checked further also because you found a solution from your side. However, it has been forwarded as feedback to the team already to review the 2FA authentication process for the Mobile app specifically. 

• Mark Burgess
    Mark Burgess Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2022 #7

I solved this problem by turning off two factor authentication on the account - but the email authentication process is super painful!

I have the same problem. Feedback has been provided to Support that the 2FA process is painful. I use Duo, Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator on other services and it just works. Pipedrive please look at these toola to provide 2FA.

• Vbraz
    Vbraz Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I have the same problem, I hope Pipedrive is soon fixing it.

• dwoo1
    dwoo1 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I have the same issue, cant get past the authentication stage on Iphone. Seems crazy that we have to turn off 2 step authentication to get logged in.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 175
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes

Same issue, had to turn off 2FA 6 months ago to get in the app and can’t believe this hasn’t been addressed.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 175
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Likes

@CarlosPD

Thank you!

Worked!

• Kristian Kalm
    Kristian Kalm Pipedrive Team Posts: 3 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment

There is improvement in this sign in flow - now you can just copy the link and continue in mobile app in case the its opened by browser.