Reporting on Deal Activities

Options
Paul Banks
Paul Banks Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Hi all,

First time poster !!

I'm hoping to find a way to use the Insights reports to identify users of our PD that are NOT keeping their activities and next steps up to date for deals in later stages of our pipeline.

I've managed to create a filter that identifies these deals (Either no next activity, or Date of activity < Today), but that doesn't help me report on this at a higher level.

Essentially, I want to be able to highlight the issue with the report, and then be able to drill down with users to the next level of detail using the filter.

Can Anyone help?

Answers

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Paul Banks,

You can set up a report at the Deal level to show deals with no activities.

Deals with no activities

You can also set up a report at the activities level to show activities with due dates in the past.

Due date in the past

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Pipedrive Consulting | WhatsApp | Email | Community

• themetz
    themetz Member Posts: 3
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Amit, is this is possible, why is it absolutely impossible to filter deals by "deals with a late activity". This cannot be done in Pipedrive or in Zapier, or even in Make.com. You can't even tell which lead sources in Pipedrive drive winning deals. It's as though the Pipedrive product team has never actually spoken with a sales executive. Why is this?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Options

@themetz Can't speak for Pipedrive Product team! :)

• J.A.N. (Themakers)
    Options

@themetz , with some configuration and work in Make.com you can create a report and tell where the winning deals come from.

@Paul Banks , doesn't seem that it is possible out of the box but like mentioned before, with Make a lot of things are possible. Feel free to reach out if you would like to dive deeper in this topic.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,071 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @themetz your feedback has reached our product team, and they found it very interesting as they are also researching the possibility of better tracking the lead source once it's converted to a deal. We hope to have more details soon.

• themetz
    themetz Member Posts: 3
    Combo Breaker First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

I've noticed some areas for improvement in the product that could significantly enhance its utility for sales professionals, and unfortunately I find it very difficult to recommend the product any longer to my very large newsletter audience as a result of the decisions the product team has made. 

1. **Analytics and Reporting:** The platform currently lacks comprehensive analytics that track deals from lead generation through to conversion. This is a crucial feature for understanding the effectiveness of different lead sources and optimizing sales processes.

2. **Custom Object Limitations:** It's disappointing to see that entry-level plans do not allow for the creation of custom reports that could address the above issue. The software seems to be designed to restrict cross-object reporting, which limits its functionality for users on these plans.

3. **Communication and Responsiveness:** I've found that the product team is not responsive to customer feedback as they could be, especially via email channels. Additionally, the recent high turnover since Pipedrive's acquisition raises concerns about the stability and direction of the product development team.

I hope these points are taken into consideration for future updates, as they could greatly improve the product's value to its users.