Can Pipedrive handle numerous sales pipelines distinctly?

WK
WK Member Posts: 2
First Comment First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

Sales Process Questions

We sell our speaker clients into paid speaking engagements, so each person is technically a product; the meeting planners who will hire them are the prospects. Each speaker/product is sold many times to different prospects. I'd like to color code/code each speaker/product distinctly and then assign each speaker to a different agent who works for me (remotely). Every speaker is re-sold many times to different prospects, and on rare occasion, one prospect will concurrently buy several of our speakers. One product, many prospects. I can probably figure out how to configure that in Pipeline...

BUT

We also sell books to publishers on behalf of those speakers. Each future author's book is its own product, which can only be sold one time, obviously. The publishers who buy those books are our prospects, but each publisher buys numerous books from us over the course of their career.  Different products, one prospect. Sometimes, we're selling 5-6 different books at the same time. MAYBE a few of the publisher/prospects will overlap in their consideration of two of our books in the same time period.   

All of this gets pretty tangled up and frankly, sometimes balls drop. We need to stop this from happening. HOW would we set this up in Pipeline to make sure every prospect for X speaking client is organized and easily distinguished; and all the prospects for a specific book are kept in one group so that we know that publisher is, for instance, looking at 2 of our book projects, while another publisher is only considering one? Is there a way to make all sales calls for X book or X speaker into their own color group/assign to a specific agent?  But then what about when we want to sell Y book to that same prospect a few months later?

When we make follow up calls, there needs to be a way to be perfectly clear which book or speaker we are calling about. THAT is why I'm in my trial of Pipeline!  THAT is why I need your help. SO confused! 

Pipeline Organization + Product Pipeline + Sales Organization + Setting up Pipeline + New Prospect for Pipeline + Trial Period in Pipeline

Comments

• Edie Mew
    Edie Mew Member Posts: 168
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Answer
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi @Wendy Keller this sounds like an interesting use case for Pipedrive. It looks like to me that, if you haven't already, would need to workflow map this process/use case so it's on paper. This workflow can then result in a plan to build the requirements. However I am a consultant, working with Evolve & @Bruce Bignell  to help businesses set up Pipedrive unique to their sales process. 
    My initial suggestion for solving the Speaker (Product) piece would be to import Speakers as Products into Pipedrive. 

Please reach out to me or Bruce if you feel you'd like support with this. 

Thank you,

Edie

• Bruce Bignell
    Bruce Bignell Member Posts: 16
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #3
    Edie Mew said:

Hi @Wendy Keller this sounds like an interesting use case for Pipedrive. It looks like to me that, if you haven't already, would need to workflow map this process/use case so it's on paper. This workflow can then result in a plan to build the requirements. However I am a consultant, working with Evolve & @Bruce Bignell  to help businesses set up Pipedrive unique to their sales process. 
    My initial suggestion for solving the Speaker (Product) piece would be to import Speakers as Products into Pipedrive. 

Thank you,

Edie

Hi @Wendy Keller & thanks @Edie Mew  

Great Pipedrive use case and certainly something worth talking about.

If you'd like to talk, please find a time that works for you here 👈

Best,

Bruce

• WK
    WK Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited June 2022 #4
    Edie Mew said:

Thank you,

Edie

I'm comparing PipeDrive to Zoho, SalesHub and two other, perhaps less possible, Saas systems. If I choose Pipedrive based on my call with their guy tomorrow, I'll look into potentially working with you. Thanks.