Syncronize the archive email in Gmail

Options
13»

Comments

• SMG
    SMG Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

After 3 years of this topic, it seems like it's not being taken seriously even though it's a fundamental way that people are using their email with Pipedrive

• Tyler Pipedrive
    Tyler Pipedrive Member Posts: 12
    5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Any update on this? I am also having issues

• Franziska Palumbo-Seidel
    Options

I am using pipedrive since 5 years now and this is long overdue for sure!

• SMG
    SMG Member Posts: 6
    Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Goodbye Pipedrive,

This is a dealbreaker.

Double-handling emails all day long costs so much time that I am quitting Pipedrive because of it.

The email client with Gmail is not usable if this is not implemented.

• MacKenzie Brown
    MacKenzie Brown Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

Yeah, been almost half a decade and they haven't done anything about it. Unfortunate, since it's an easy update.

• Jeffrey Dromeshauser
    Options

I would agree. This seems like it should be easier and done. It makes the Pipedrive email almost unusable and incredibly frustrating because if you do not delete everything you end up with 70K emails in a list and absolutely no order of things.

• John Marsh_13033
    John Marsh_13033 Member Posts: 27
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    Options

Can someone at Pipedrive chime in on this with an update of some sort?

• tkelley
    tkelley Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Adding my vote to this one. It's unfortunate that this thread has existed for so long with so many users asking for this. I am trialing the product right now and this is my only reason for hesitating. Please fix this

• Tamara Bezljudova
    Tamara Bezljudova Pipedrive Team Posts: 11 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options

Hi! Tamara, PM from the Email team here! 🙌🏻

Thank you all for the feedback, the topic of syncing archiving and deletion from provider to Pipedrive is currently being worked on. We won't be able to provide a universal solution for all existing email providers in the near future, as the way archiving and deletion logic works is different per email provider. However, we will make sure that this functionality covers the major email providers.

This topic is one of our priorities at the moment, so stay tuned for more updates coming soon! 🚀

• MacKenzie Brown
    Options

I'm pretty sure that most people don't use more than one email provider, so starting with Gmail would be a great first step.

• michael-asshauer
    Options

Thanks @Tamara Bezljudova 👍 In terms of UI & UX you can just go and implement this feature in the same easy and smooth way as Close CRM did it. I think that's just perfect modeling of excellence for you – and shouldn't be too hard to implement. Thanks for taking care, Michael

• Kenton Baker
    Kenton Baker Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

@Mike van der Valk I'd like to add my vote for this. Having used other PD competitors who include this feature, this is a must have. Beating the dead horse...team lives in their inbox and leverages labeling and other features that we cannot get away from, so expecting users to manage their email in PD is not possible. I see this has been requested for over 3 years and unfortunately my list of "why doesn't PD already have this feature" is getting longer and longer. Thanks for your attention on this.

• Harj Gadhvi
    Harj Gadhvi Member Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I second JaylnNH's request for both making the process to manage templates easier, and the ability to archive templates. We have a lot of templates which we no longer use, but don't want to delete these as they may be useful in the future, would be great to be able to archive them.

• John Marsh_13033
    Options

@Tamara Bezljudova is there an update on timing here? We’ve been patiently waiting for years and I’m encouraged that it’s in development

• Kim
    Kim Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Any updates on this feature?

• Franziska Palumbo-Seidel
    Options

Is there any way we can push this to the next release? This would be a seemingly small feature but would make a huge difference on our day to day work

• Bart Vermeir
    Bart Vermeir Member Posts: 7
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

@Pipedriveadmin can you provide an update ob this subject? As some mention, including myself, this request is open for many years. Resulting in a not cleaned mailbox in Pipedrive. i stopped doing double work as I archive a lot in office 365. I hope that @Pipedriveadmin listens better to its users in the future.

• billbutler1969
    billbutler1969 Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

I just signed up for Pipedrive and am now a paying customer. I'm pretty surprised that this hasn't risen to the the level of critical. Email is a fundamental building block for CRM's. PipeDrive should be able to classify google emails as inbox or archived. At this point I have hundreds of messages in my PipeDrive inbox because I regularly archive messages in gmail.

This isn't a difficult problem, but it is a problem that will affect every single gmail user. It's pretty astonishing that they problem is over 3 years old.

• billbutler1969
    billbutler1969 Member Posts: 9
    5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment Photogenic
    Options

More interesting is that this thread seems to have been abandoned by the Pipedrive team. Without client advocates, how is our voice heard?

• MacKenzie Brown
    Options

Yep, they pretty much do their own thing. Been following this for 5-years now.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,078 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    Options

Hi @billbutler1969 welcome to the Pipedrive community! I appreciate what you mean and can assure you that the thread has not been abandoned. Your voice is heard and so are the members of our cherished community.

This feature is not planned for the very near future, but we are in the process of reviewing older product feedback that was lower on the priority list before and how to get it on the roadmap with the help of our product team.

There is a limit to how many initiatives our product team can tackle simultaneously, and some choices have to be made on what to work on next because of that. In some cases, technical limitations also need to be resolved before it is possible to work on a specific new feature. That is the case presently with archiving in Gmail / archiving in Pipedrive.

In the meantime, I ask all community members to please carry on upvoting and sharing your use cases. The more we have, the more visible this feedback becomes and the stronger the probability is that it goes on our product roadmap sooner rather than later. Thank you all once more for your patience and your cooperation.

• MacKenzie Brown
    Options

I'll donate $1000 to Pipedrive's charity of choice if this feature is done by the end of 2024. I've been asking since 2019, and in the future, that's a safe bet. What page can you actually upvote this feature?