How do I bulk Assign Leads or Contacts to my Sales Reps?

Evan Stafford
Evan Stafford Member Posts: 2

2 Questions

1) First off, I want to make sure I uploaded my CSV correctly. When I uploaded about 19,000 contacts / organizations from a Zoom Info CSV, I uploaded them as Contacts. Should they have been uploaded as leads?

2) How do I bulk assign contacts / leads to certain sales reps? Their territories are assigned by city and I have a field mapped for cities already so just need to know how bulk assign them to certain reps

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2022 #2

Hi Evan! 

I believe you uploaded your data correctly if added as Contacts, but it depends a bit on how you want to continue with them. In any case, every Lead or later Deal has to be linked to a Contact. So in this case, Contacts are a must, and creating a Lead for that Contact is optional.

To bulk assign, I assume you need to change the ownership of this Contact or Lead. You can check about Bulk Editing in this article, it is possible in the list view. 

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out to our Support team via in-app chat or email support@pipedrive.com.

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited June 2022 #3

@Evan Stafford 

1. It depends on what your sales process is. Eventually, everything will be a contact. And as I have said in the past, I do not recommend using Leads functionality at all. Just another deals pipeline labeled 'leads' is good enough. Even better, just treat the first 2 stages of your actual deals pipeline as unqualified leads.
    2. Since the contacts are already in Pipedrive, the most effective way to assign these to your team is doing it outside Pipedrive. So:
      1. Export your Leads Data
      2. Use Excel/Google Sheets to determine the lead ownership.
      3. Reimport your leads with Lead ID and Lead Owner.

If you have any other questions or need further help, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Book a Call | Pipedrive Consulting | WhatsApp | Email

• Evan Stafford
    Evan Stafford Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2022 #4

Great, thank you both so much, that answered my questions!