2»

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 22 #32
    Options

Hi @Sean D. Emory 

Our Workflow Automation team hopes to deliver date based triggers later in the year. In this case a custom date fields can be used to trigger for example an email template being send out to the customer. So unfortunately it's not there yet (Zapier could be a solution now) but we hope to deliver it later in the year.

Hi @Greg Selters no update yet unfortunately :( recurring activities is something we're currently working on so that might help you already. I will pass this specific request also to that team who's working on that to be sure.

• Adam Springer_79509
    Adam Springer_79509 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited April 22 #33
    Options

Yeah, this seems like such a basic thing that would be a made a priority.  Im in my trial currently, and this minor thing will likely prevent us from switching over.  Wouldnt it be as easy to make a "x days prior" as the deadline field on an automated workflow?

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,531
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited April 22 #34
    Options

I built a birthday flow using Make/Integromat.

Birthday flow in Make/Integromat

If you have any other questions about this flow, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Pipedrive Consulting | WhatsApp | Email | Community

edited May 2022 #35
    Options

It requires two date fields: Date of Birth and Next Birthday.

It requires 2 filters: 1 to update Next Birthday; 1 to see upcoming birthdays. 

If you have any other questions about this flow, please don't hesitate to reach out.

Best,

Amit Sarda

edited April 23 #36
    Options

@Kilian Heide 

Best,

Amit Sarda

edited April 22 #37
    Options

Best,

Amit Sarda

• Kyani Heessels
    Kyani Heessels Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #38
    Options

Sometimes you simply don't know someone's exact age, but you do know what day and month they celebrate their birthday.

Right now I set their birth year to 1800, but it'd be a lot better if the "year" part was optional.

• Sasha Bastani
    Sasha Bastani Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited April 22 #39
    Options

How can such an advanced CRM don't have recurring reminder solution...

• Angela Ottilo
    Angela Ottilo Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited April 22 #40
    Options

Is there an update on this feature?

edited April 22 #41
    Options

This should hopefully be addressed by the recurring activities feature with some developments in the Pipedrive Automation capabilities.

• Joe Belnap, SalesDrive
    Joe Belnap, SalesDrive Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited June 2023 #42
    Options

We really need a native automatic reminder and trigger based on the current date that is native to PipeDrive. If you could put a contacts actual Birthday in one field and then be able to Filter results using the date field to find everyone that has a birthdate in that Month that would be good.

I really expected this to be basic and was shocked when it wasn't included.

Some type of calculation that is derived from the date field would be good too.

@Mike van der Valk

• Felix Brumme
    Felix Brumme Member Posts: 29
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
    edited April 23 #43
    Options

...and we need a function to merge topics in the forum, because I wrote a very similar proposal not even 3 weeks ago. (I can't even delete or archive the theme I created myself.)

Time triggered automation

https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/11294/time-triggered-automation#latest

(+ Forum function to merch or archive suggestions. https://community.pipedrive.com/discussion/11397/forum-function-to-merch-or-archive-suggestions#latest )

• Joe Belnap, SalesDrive
    Joe Belnap, SalesDrive Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited April 23 #44
    Options

How does someone even get this information in front of a large part of the users so they can agree? I think the time triggered automation would be universally wanted.

@Mike van der Valk

• sam d
    sam d Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited June 2023 #45
    Options

It would be amazing to be able to set up an automation to remind you of the birthdays of your deals.

edited April 22 #46
    Options

You can automate this using Make/Integromat.

• Jean-Philippe Auclair
    Options

A birthday field is essential for a CRM

• Josh Gerard
    Josh Gerard Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

I'd like to propose some changes to the Birthday field that I believe would be relatively simple to accomplish and benefit a number of people based on previous discussions.

1. The birthday field needs to be treated like a true date field when exporting to Excel, not a text field. Exporting as a text field makes it very difficult to manipulate the data within Excel.
    2. The birthday field needs to have a way to be filtered within Pipedrive to show only people with birthdays within the previous month/following month/etc. (regardless of the year). The primary use of a birthday field within a CRM is not typical dependent upon the particular year the person was born and is more commonly used as an annual birthday reminder.
    3. The birthday field needs to be used to automatically add an age field that stays relevant based on that birthday.

The current recommended workaround (creating two different text fields to input the Month and Day of their birth date) is do-able, but it requires additional work data entry and results in data that is not as robust as it would be with some simple changes to the existing Birthday field. As it stands right now, the Birthday field is mostly irrelevant, but could be a powerful field with some basic changes that any CRM user would expect.

Thanks,

• Gabrielc
    Gabrielc Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

We really need to have a birthday field that is added as a system field to the contact. This would allow us to set up task automations to reach out to clients and wish them a happy birthday.

At the moment it only allows us to use a regular date field D/M/Y format but with a year inputed it does not allow us to set up recurring tasks every year.

This is a small ask but would make a huge difference

• Joao_Victor97
    Joao_Victor97 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited April 22 #50
    Options

• Joao_Victor97
    Joao_Victor97 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

• Marc12345
    Marc12345 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited April 16 #52
    Options

It would be great if it's possible to trigger an automation based on a (custom) date field. This way you could, for example, send out an automated Happy Birthday email to a customer and plan a follow up for the account manager.

Options

This is not possible with native Pipedrive capabilities yet.

If anybody is looking for a solution, I have built this flow using Make/Integromat.

If you need help with this, please book a call.

Best,

Amit Sarda

Resources: Pipedrive Consulting | Pipedrive Automation Examples