Apple Carplay/car friendly Pipedrive

Roan Graas
Roan Graas Member Posts: 3
edited August 2023 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

I am curious if there is any option to link pipedrive to apple carplay ? I need to make many calls during the day and want to make use of the time in te car to be more efficient.

Is there a plan to make something that can show your activities/calls to be made on a list that you could bang out a number of calls, check them off your list, without holding the phone while driving?

I could see a default follow up date or some kind of automation that's created after a call?

Tagged:
4 votes

Submitted · Last Updated

Comments

• Bram Lyng Andersen
    Bram Lyng Andersen Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #2

As a sales rep I spend a lot of my time in my car. 

Using that time for something productive other than driving is quite important.

Luckily tech have progressed so that I can perform many business tasks within regulation and without risking life and limp due to the optimized interface of Apple Carplay (Guess Android Auto is the same)

But I find one key app lacking and that is Pipedrive.

Having my call list and daily agenda with a link to Apple Maps driving directions in a simple interface on my Apple Carplay head unit would save me so much time as I must pull over to start a call today.

Maybe even an option to add an audio note after the call...

Can only guess how many other Pipedrive users could need this also - guess many just put the phone in the front window and use the full app while driving!

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited August 2023 #3

Hi Bram!

I like this idea! Would be a great feature to add to Pipedrive.

Sadly I am guessing Pipedrive will not be making an official integration anytime soon with Carplay, since they have a lot of other more important priorities for now. So the only suggestion I could give is to find a developer who might have those skill sets and could maybe monetize the integration app on Marketplace.

• Eli Glanz
    Eli Glanz Member Posts: 49
    5 Up Votes Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2023 #4

Hi Bram!

I like this idea! Would be a great feature to add to Pipedrive.

Sadly I am guessing Pipedrive will not be making an official integration anytime soon with Carplay, since they have a lot of other more important priorities for now. So the only suggestion I could give is to find a developer who might have those skill sets and could maybe monetize the integration app on Marketplace.

Yes, Pipedrive will probably not build a dedicated carplay app anytime soon but you could use Google assistant (which is available on an iPhone) as suggested in this thread

https://community.pipedrive.com/post/apple-carplay-car-friendly-pipedrive-5f11beec87149469ad9dd629

• Andre Vill
    Andre Vill Member Posts: 131
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Likes
    edited July 2022 #5

Hi Roan!

I think there is no integration between them currently.

• Josh Buesking
    Josh Buesking Member Posts: 171
    5 Insightfuls First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2022 #6

Will never happen. We don't even have lead inbox yet in App. Also Apple would never approve for liability reasons.

• SMB
    SMB Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment
    edited June 2023 #7

I've asked the powers that be if they can integrate PipDrive into Apple CarPlay.

It would be much more productive to access the call list for the day, and record call-specific notes using Siri. Answer incoming calls with PD and be able to record notes and reschedule the next call/to-do's/meetings. use incoming call information.

None of this would be much different to the way we can already use WhatsApp or Txt.

"hey Siri, call Joe Bloggs with Pipedrive

" would like to record your call notes for Joe Bloggs contact?"

"Would you like to mark this call as done?"

"Would you like to reschedule an activity in Pipedrive for Joe Bloggs?"

If you agree, leave a note.

• Karim
    Karim Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited August 2023 #8

Unfortunately, when syncing meetings with the calendar in Outlook, the address data of the organization is not transferred. It would be helpful if it would be possible to fill the field "Location" in Outlook with the address of the scheduled organization.

This would make navigation in the car much more convenient.

Or is there the possibility of a CarPlay integration of the mobile Pipedrive APP?

• Pipedrive Gurus
    Pipedrive Gurus Member Posts: 37
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
    edited August 2023 #9

Hi there,

the calender sync function are bad. But you can create a activity type (for example personal meetings) and then you can make a automation with zapier to get the data you need into outlook every time when there will be created one activity with this specific type.

For Carplay you can just click on the address in the pipedrive app and then you can open it with google drive for example.

• Karim
    Karim Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited August 2023 #10

Problem is: for Automations you will need another (expensive) plan ;-)

and unfortunally there is no CarPlay integratin for pipedrive. So i have to do this (and that's what I do regually) on my mobile phone...

• SMB
    SMB Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Hi Everyone in the thread:

Sometimes I have managed to list all my calls in Pipedrive and when it's synced with iCal the numbers are visible on the day view in calendar, this can then be read through the calendar in CarPlay.I can then tap the screen and it dials the contact. However, it only lets you see upcoming events, any event that's passed won't be visible. The obvious work around is to set them call for later in the day than you intend to be in the car. No recording facility unfortunately and it has to be done retrospectively.