Is BANT still effective for sales qualification in 2022?
BANT is a lead qualification process that assesses a prospect’s sales readiness in four dimensions.
- Budget: the prospect’s ability to afford the product
- Authority: the prospect’s ability to make the final decision
- Need: whether the prospect has a need your product solves
- Timeline: how quickly the purchase needs to take place
BANT can still be a great framework to help reps quickly qualify sales leads and spend more time working with high-quality prospects.
Each dimension encompasses several questions brought up naturally in the conversation.
For instance, a prospect conversation might turn to the subject of Authority.
In this phase of the conversation, Authority-based questions should include:
- Is there anyone else involved in deciding whether this product is the best fit for your team?
- What steps are usually involved in approving an agreement like this?
- Would it be helpful for me to meet with anyone else at your company?