When Duplicating a Deal - would be helpful to have "Notes" and all history follow the copy of the de

Options
CJRivett
CJRivett Member Posts: 3
First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I currently use Pipedrive not only for my Sales Pipeline, but our Account Management Pipeline.  I need/want that history to follow the new "deal" in the Account Management Pipeline.  Pipedrive support provided me with a workflow automation that will automatically duplicate the deal and add it to the right stage in the right pipedrive when I mark a deal "Won." but the history of the note isn't included in the new Deal.  Anyone have a work around to that?  (Except for manually copying the note from the "Won" deal and adding it to the new deal. 

Comments

• Upwwward
    Upwwward Member Posts: 16
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

Maybe you can use Make.com or Zapier?

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #3
    Options

Hi Christine 👋,
    Actually it's not possible to get all the historic of a deal into a duplicate deal ... even with Zapier or Integromat you can't get the notes for examples etc.
    The best way is to crete a workflow. Add a new custom field on the deal with the link to the won deal and the duplicate in order to navigate into those pages easily.

I hope this explanation answers your question! 

Do not hesitate to come back to me if necessary.

Have a great day ! 👋

• CJRivett
    CJRivett Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #4
    Options

Hi Christine 👋,
    Actually it's not possible to get all the historic of a deal into a duplicate deal ... even with Zapier or Integromat you can't get the notes for examples etc.
    The best way is to crete a workflow. Add a new custom field on the deal with the link to the won deal and the duplicate in order to navigate into those pages easily.

Have a great day ! 👋

I have it set up that the deal automatically duplicates and the duplicated deal is added to the Account Management Pipeline - but I miss my notes.  I have a feeling I'll just have to copy and past the notes into the copied/duplicated deal. 

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #5
    Options

Hi Christine 👋,

Have a great day ! 👋

Yes that's exactly you have to do ... but no automation can resolve the problem.
    My explanation is just to avoid you to search in the search barre the right deal. With that automation you will have automatically the link into the deal in order to navigate from one deal to the other.