Job title field not visible in Zapier

svamann
svamann Member Posts: 67
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Likes
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1

In Pipedrive, contacts now have a default field called "Job title". We replaced the respective custom field we had before by the default field, to not have two fields for the same information.

Now I found that this "Job title" field is not accessible from Zapier. When I try to "Find or Create a Person" from a Zap, the Job title field just doesn't appear in the list, so I cannot set it.

Is there a fix/workaround?

Comments

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #2

Hi Sven,
    Into your zap, when you select the Pipedrive task, on Setup action, did you click on Refresh fields ? *

• svamann
    edited July 2022 #3

Hi Sven,
    Into your zap, when you select the Pipedrive task, on Setup action, did you click on Refresh fields ? *

Yes, like 1000 times 😅

• Lucas MAGNE
    edited July 2022 #4

Hi Sven,

When you say, in the "Job title field just doesn't appear in the list", it's on the Pipedrive task fields (setup action) or of the test trigger ? When you do a new trigger with a new entry, it's here ?

Trigger : 

• svamann
    edited July 2022 #5

Hi Sven,

It’s in the “Create Pipedrive Person if it doesn’t exist yet?” part of the “Find person“ event. Support meanwhile confirmed this is missing and is investigating a workaround. I also asked Zapier support about it. Waiting for response. 

• Lucas MAGNE
    edited July 2022 #6

Hi Sven,

Okay let's see ! 🤞
    Keep us update 

• svamann
    edited July 2022 #7

Update: Job title appears as a "Field to Search By" in the "Pipedrive / Find Person" events, but not in the list when creating a new person in case none was found. It also doesn't appear for the "Pipedrive / Create Person" and "Pipedrive / Update Person" events, so there's simply no way to set a person's job title through Zapier.

The same is true of the Birthday default field. What Job title and Birthday have in common is that they are apparently fields that appear only if someone in the account enables contact sync. Nevertheless, if they are there, I would expect them to be accessible from Zapier.

Waiting for feedback from the Pipedrive Engineers.

Waiting for feedback from Zapier support.

Keeping you posted.

• svamann
    edited July 2022 #8

Update: Zapier support says there’s an open feature request for this, which now has my support. But there’s no ETA…

In case you’re interested in this feature, I guess you should report this to Zapier support as well. The more demand, the  more likely a fix…

• Lucas MAGNE
    edited July 2022 #9

Update: Zapier support says there’s an open feature request for this, which now has my support. But there’s no ETA…

In case you’re interested in this feature, I guess you should report this to Zapier support as well. The more demand, the  more likely a fix…

Thanks for your feedback Sven 😁

• svamann
    edited July 2022 #10

Workaround:

1. Created a custom field "Zapier Job title workaround (do not use)" in Pipedrive, which is invisible by default.
    2. Created a Workflow Automation that, whenever a person is created that has some value in the above workaround field, copies this value into the default Job title field and clears the workaround field.
    3. Configured Zapier to write into the workaround field in the Find person event.