Switch Email to Different Deal on Deal or Person Detail Page

Vaughan Moore
Vaughan Moore Member Posts: 4
5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Could you please add the ability to switch an email from one deal to another inside the Deal page or Person page? Ideally, the drop-down would say "Switch Deal" and I could search for or add a new deal from that option. Right now it's a 3 or 4 step process.

Maybe even create an option that allows you to move many different emails and/or activities from a person or a deal into another deal.  I'm often grabbing past activities or emails from a person and moving them into a new deal as the deal emerges.

So, clicking an "Add/Switch Deal" button would allow you to check some or all items in a person or deal's history and move them into the correct deal.

#Deal #Email

62d8218461212ffb0fc2af0e_27837.png
Tagged:
5 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Lucas MAGNE
    Lucas MAGNE Member Posts: 163
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2022 #2

Hey Vaughan,

It's a good feature which can save time.
    Actually, you can do it email by email into the inbox by selecting the emails and switching the linked deal.

• Haensel
    Haensel Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

I miss that feature much, too!

regarding the hint of Lucas: This works only for emails synced from your own inbox. Any other email stays where it is, even when in a useless place like a person-page.

I still wonder, why the PD-devs gave permission to remove any email from a deal (not only my own) but thought it not usefull to have the possibility to add/switch.

• Vaughan Moore
    Vaughan Moore Member Posts: 4
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker

@Lucas MAGNE, I'm not sure why I wasn't alerted when you posted your comment...

In any case, I know about the ability to switch deals inside the inbox. But for people like us that create activities when an actionable email comes in and then archives the email, this isn't helpful.

Also, I'm already in the person's detail page when I want to add it to a deal. I wouldn't want to leave the person's detail page and then search for that email again. I want to add the deal from the place where I already am.

I hope that makes sense. Do you think this request will get priority? Is there already one like it in the queue?

• Slavko Kastelic
    Slavko Kastelic Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic

I completely agree with Vaughan,

it is time consuming to search between tons of mails to just switch it to another deal. His idea is brilliant.

• Carl Bergendal
    Carl Bergendal Member Posts: 1
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary

I agree too, and it is not always possible or reliable to use this feature in the "inbox" where email tends to disappear. If you have several deals on one client, like we doo, this occurs way too often.

• Tankred Franco Magg
    Tankred Franco Magg Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary

Hi Vaughan,

We also would appreciate to to achieve this possibility to access the editing of connection between deals and emails directly out of the contact page.

The way to do this today is far away from being smart.

Lets hope to see that soon in the next update ;-)

• Mark Haller
    Mark Haller Member Posts: 24
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I've gone to Google and now to here, just to see how a bldy email that I see on a contact can be moved from here to the Deal that everyone in my sales team sees - this is BASIC STUFF and I seem to spend so much time trying to debug issues with Pipedrive, rather than it just being intuitive.