Removing default recipient email address when using email templates

Jean-Francois Decarie
Jean-Francois Decarie Member Posts: 5
First Comment
edited July 2022 in Sales CRM #1

I am looking for a way to do the following

When a deal is Won, my sale reps must send an email to a specific business partner to have the signed order completed and process. The email will include specific information’s but also will have attachments such as external signed order paperwork + internal confidential paperwork for order process that the customer MUST NOT RECEIVE OR SEE for security reasons.

The problem is that when creating a Pipedrive email templates there is no way to have the default deal contact email address removed from the template and replaced by another specific email recipient address. By not being able to do this within the email template my reps have to manually delete the default customer email address and replace it by the specific partner email address before sending the email. This creates a security issue where if my sale reps by mistake does not delete the customer contact email address customer would end up receiving confidential internal information.

The problem also is that I cannot use an automated workflow to do this since sale reps needs to manually attach to the email before sending it the specific signed order paperwork and internal order paperwork.

Is there a way to do this?

If not, this would be a great feature to add to Pipedrive email template to allow removing the default email recipient and replace it by 1 or more predefined email addresses within the creation of the email template.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited April 2022 #2

Hi @Jean-Francois Decarie I'm pretty sure we have solutions for you in Pipedrive also with the workflow automation but I just want to clarify your exact current flow. Is there a way you can record your flow or send over some screenshots (please don't add any sensitive info) so I can fully understand the steps in your process and what steps you'd like to change. Myself or others in the community can then help you with solutions 🙂

• Tony Robson
    Tony Robson Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3

I'm trying to do exactly the same thing! I am trying to use workflow to trigger an email template where the email goes not to the default Deal Contact, but to a Pipedrive user who may not be the owner of the deal. There seems no way in templates of selecting what field can be used in the email 'To:' field...so you can only automate emails that go to the deal contact - not very useful...!

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,077 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited December 2020 #4

I'm trying to do exactly the same thing! I am trying to use workflow to trigger an email template where the email goes not to the default Deal Contact, but to a Pipedrive user who may not be the owner of the deal. There seems no way in templates of selecting what field can be used in the email 'To:' field...so you can only automate emails that go to the deal contact - not very useful...!

Hi @Steve Gilroy 

You can actually also just type out the address of the colleague you want to send the automated email to. I've made a GIF of how it works down here: