Edit deal stage based on activity in contact Hi, I'm trying to make an automation in Pipedr

Options
Daniel Cools
Daniel Cools Member Posts: 4
edited July 2022 in Apps and Integrations #1
Edit deal stage based on activity in contact Hi, I'm trying to make an automation in Pipedrive but it doesnt work. Maybe anybody ideas? I'm testing with Outfunnel. That system creates activities and deals in Pipedrive based on opens and clicks in an e-mailing. I want to update a Deal to a new stadium, when an activity is added to the contactperson (linked to the deal). The activity however is not linked to the deal. Any ideas?

Answers

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2022 #2
    Options

Just tagging @Markus Leming here who is the co-founder of Outfunnel. Markus do you have any experience with this? 

https://community.pipedrive.com/user/markus
  • Daniel Cools
    edited March 2020 #3
    Options
    @Mike van der Valk tnx. I already asked Markus and he suggested to solve it using a pipedrive automation. OUtfunnel creates the first deal (when a newsletter is opened). I chose not to make a deal when a newsletter is clicked because than we will be having double deals in different stages. An activity is added to the person when they click a link in the newsletter. I want to change the deal (Created by opening the newsletter), when the related contact receives the new activity.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2020 #4
    Options
    @Daniel Cools so the deal is already in Pipedrive, the related contact is linked to it and then when you get an activity linked to the contact you want this activity to auto link to the deal? Am I right?
  • Daniel Cools
    edited March 2020 #5
    Options
    Yeah, that would b e perfect.
  • Mike van der Valk
    edited March 2020 #6
    Options
    @Daniel Cools I tried some options and also spoke with our automation expert in the support team but via Pipedrive this is not possible unfortunately.

And in Zapier I believe it's the same issue. The problem here is that you want to update a deal based on a person trigger. Since a person can have multiple deals under them this would not be possible.

It might work somehow with Zapier if the trigger would be on the deal level since trigger is deal, you can update the deal based on that. Maybe something like deal matching filter would work, however with the activities option it becomes so specific that I'm still not sure if it would work :(

I'd recommend you to find the topic "Zapier" in this community and ask input from some of the experts there. Sorry...
  • Daniel Cools
    edited March 2020 #7
    Options
    Tnx for your effort!!