How is the impact of the COVID19 affecting your businesses? What are you doing differently?

Flip Nolen
Flip Nolen Member Posts: 96
Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment
edited July 2022 in Business Talk #1
How is the impact of the COVID19 affecting your businesses? What are you doing differently?
Tagged:

Answers

• Jonathan Gennick
    Jonathan Gennick Member Posts: 52
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2020 #2
    Nothing too different yet for me, except some extra attention being spent on ensuring the morale of my colleagues. Several of us work remotely already, so the shift to "working at home" didn't affect our day-to-day. My travel's been cut. So there's that.
  • Flip Nolen
    edited March 2020 #3
    @Jonathan Gennick We’re lucky to have the technology to do so. Imagine what it would have been like before the internet? 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Daniel Kenney
    Daniel Kenney Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2020 #4
    At my end of the business world, face to face meetings and product knowledge sessions are being cancelled. I do believe that at the end of this we will come out stronger and more organized rather than relying on the face to face communications, instead, we will quickly develop the online presentations that we can give through webinar formats and skype calls.

While it is getting slower, I'm looking at this as an opportunity presenting itself to catch up. I just hope it doesn't last too long.
  • Flip Nolen
    edited March 2020 #5
    @Daniel Kenney yes, it certainly helps to identify areas we can improve on when challenges like this are presented.
  • Marcelo Silva
    Marcelo Silva Member Posts: 246
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic Premier Solution Provider
    edited October 2020 #6

Sempre trabalhei homeoffice então não mudou nada, mas no Brasil inteiro todos estão fazendo homeoffice, eventos cancelados etc.

• Soy Alejandro Torres de IDEUSS
    edited April 2020 #7

Working at home, doing online meetings, looking business according with the world  situation

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited April 2020 #8

In Pipedrive, we're working from home with the whole company. We're making sure that our service with the tools and our customer service doesn't change and we're here for everyone in times of need. We do understand some business less build to swift to remote work will struggle. We're very interested to hear what everyone is struggling with in their team and how we at Pipedrive can help with our tools.

• Mo Malayeri
    Mo Malayeri Member Posts: 10
    edited April 2020 #9

With the outbreak of COVID19 everyone at our company started working remotely since Friday. We have seen a huge spike in our inbound sales leads since more companies are looking to launch internal and external communities.

Our company also launched an initiative to provide free upgrades to research institutes and non-profits tackling issues related to this virus.

• Joshua Hindman
    Joshua Hindman Member Posts: 35
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic Solution Provider
    edited February 2021 #10

Our team is already completely remote so nothing has changed for our business BUT our customer base is typically working from an office. For the next couple of weeks I'm planning to offer FREE Pipedrive training and basic onboarding to any small business that needs to quickly go remote. We'll see how it goes!

• BISON Support
    BISON Support Member Posts: 16
    First Comment
    edited June 2020 #11

We are a manufacturer based in New Zealand and have a number of effects that are being felt by our company. Our manufacturing staff are still at work, but some of our office staff are working remotely. Our biggest issue is freight and supply chain issues. We cannot purchase some of our items and we also cannot easily get air freight of our products out to customers. New Zealand air freight capacity has dropped down to ~15% of usual.

• Mark de Rijk
    Mark de Rijk Member Posts: 5
    First Comment
    edited March 2020 #12
    - I am trying to work together with conference organisers to take their conferences online.
    - More focus on acquiring remote advisory clients
    - Taking part in a pro-bono working group of cybersecurity professionals that are assisting healthcare organisations in Europe.- I am trying to work together with conference organisers to take their conferences online.
  • Jonathan Gennick
    edited March 2020 #13
    @Daniel Kenney To your point about face-to-face meetings being canceled, I'm making it a point this week to call up each of my active authors (i.e., my customers) and spend time on the phone with them. The human connection is so important, especially in times of stress. Several have been thrown into working from home for the first time and are struggling with how to make that work. Some find it isolating to be suddenly stuck in their home all day. Every call I've made so far has been gratefully received.
  • Marco Govoni
    Marco Govoni Member Posts: 149
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper
    edited April 2020 #14

Hi to all! I live and work in Italy: my consultant activity has gone down a lot, because the country lockdown does not allow me to meet the customers (this situation from the beginning of March and - I think - realistically believe it will continue until end of April or first week of May).

But this is necessary.

So, I've decided to move forward and now I'm focusing my effort in two directions: first, providing my customers support in cybersecurity services. Smartworking needs more attention on security :-)
    Second, I'm trying to find new lead for Pipedrive: it's a "online business" and it's perfect now. 

Have a nice day :-)
    Marco

• Scott_498
    Scott_498 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    edited March 2020 #15
    I hate to be the Downer.

We are in tourism in Australia. We were seeing a slow down in consumer spend had once in 100 year bushfires and now this. Our "pipe" had dropped 95%.

Fair to say we are working on some bits and pieces but right now it is really tough. It's a matter of trying to reboot and think outside the box, launching or relaunching a new business in days.

Mental.
  • Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,087 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    edited March 2020 #16
    @Scott stay strong, use this community as a source of people and brains to help you. Lets all hope for the sake of business and of course health things will calm down soon.
  • Flip Nolen
    edited March 2020 #17
    @Scott that is bloody tough. I’m in Australia too so can totally relate.
    Why don’t you use this forum for help and suggestions as to what you can do?
    Create a discussion post with plenty of detail around your situation and see what comes back.
    It can’t hurt.
  • Scott_498
    First Comment
    edited March 2020 #18
    We had a pipeline of projects:
    1. Company split - into three entities.
    2. Website rebuild for main business, plus two new platforms for the split businesses.
    3. Sales and operations automation and beautification.

So in one way I am continuing on as normal. The main thing is that this project will have its scope cut a little, as we do need to allocate some of the cash resources to see us through.

But today I start on copy for our website. I hate this and was in the middle of writing copy to hire someone. But now that is me.

From there, after new site is up, new product stream, I will then really investigate other things we can do for $$$ in the short-medium term and how viable they are.

Just very weird to have not only your business, but EVERY business in your industry screech to what is basically a complete stop. From there, we are even, for the most part, refunding in full.

Scott.
  • Jonathan Gennick
    edited March 2020 #19
    @Scott That seems a good move, to invest in some internal projects that will pay off later. I hear you about the tourism. My region and especially my town are driven by tourism. Friends of mine are already losing their jobs, and that will only get worse. I don't have an answer for it.
  • Paras Kuhad
    Paras Kuhad Member Posts: 7
    Integration Partner
    edited July 2022 #20

At Salespanel, almost everyone is working from home from tomorrow. India is in stage-2 of the epidemic development. The Govt. is imposing lockdown on IT workspaces. Our support and services aren't affected as most people are already comfortable with remote work in the team.

On the product team, everyone has to deal with some extra communication but it's in everyone's best interest to keep social distancing for a while. We are pushing on our product roadmap while extending trial periods for businesses. Some of them are distracted and need more time to go through the solution. @Nil Ray 

https://community.pipedrive.com/user/nilangan
  • Scott_498
    First Comment
    edited March 2020 #21
    My LinkedIn is a bloodbath.

Looking around the world it is hard to take the current leadership of a lot of nations seriously too.

Good luck to everyone. For those in businesses doing well, well done - don't forget us when we bounce back!
  • Tomas Eroles Forner
    Tomas Eroles Forner Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2020 #22

I have to say that in these days I'm doing my first deploy of pipedrive.

The difference is that I'm not meeting in person with my client, we have done a Whatsapp group and we are working toghether.

• João Bayer
    João Bayer Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited March 2020 #23

Aqui na Sales Hackers nossos clientes que estavam em Forecast seguraram o investimento e isso abalou as nossas vendas!

Estamos todos remotos e estou junto a direção pensando em formas de gerar vendas nesse momento...

Já estamos flexibilizando pagamentos e com possibilidade de desconto para os projetos fechar. 

Nossas consultorias são remotas então isso não é um problema, é só o medo mesmo das pessoas que fizeram eles desistir de investir.

• Paolo Martinez
    Paolo Martinez Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2021 #24

Thank you for the question and for  sharing our concerns and ways to face the challenge. We work as facilitators and process consultants so all our face to face workshops and events had two alternatives, postponement/cancellation or finding proactive solutions with the clients. 

We have transformed this challenge into creative energy and have convinced our clients to move to facilitated and moderated digital workshops and meetings by applying our skill and expertise in the field. 

As you may imagine the clients initially were a bit skeptical but as everyone wants to react and transform the feeling of impotence and fear into one of renewal and positiveness we had a very positive response and enthusiasm.  As my colleague from the International Association of Facilitator Pilar Orti says “relationships fuel a team, not physical proximity”.

Although most people are used to face to face meetings, because everyone can interact with all the senses, there are great advantages in terms of effectiveness, focus, productivity and impact of the meetings and brainstormings that are facilitated online. 

• People can join just with a click, without travelling to and from a place. Imagine the savings in time, commuting, carbon emissions, stress..
    • There are savings in the venue and meals if the meeting is organised in an off-site,   there are great advantages in organising. And one can create comfortable working rooms with tools for people to brainstorm and work.
    • There is a lot more focus and impact. So the digital meeting, with proper prior planning (see below), can be more targeted and productive.
    • A very collaborative, joyful and trustful atmosphere can be created by introducing some ice breakers and setting common rules.

Like any facilitated meeting or workshop a proper prior planning relating to the purpose outcome and process and a quick rehearsal between the client and our team, are fundamental. 

Do you have any experience to share about your challenges and insights of running remote meetings?

http://www.futour.it/english/?p=199
  • Sylvain
    Sylvain Member Posts: 43
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited April 2020 #25

Hello everyone,

The confinement due to COVID19 does not, in reality, affect much in my working methods.

I deploy PIPEDRIVE to my clients, most often remotely, independently or via google meet for meetings. Meet allows me to screencast and to be able to provide interesting support to my clients.

The face-to-face portion of my services has been replaced by meetings ... it's less social but it has the merit of working well anyway.

Strongly the recovery - the streets of Paris - and the happy hours :)

• Glenn McCreedy
    Glenn McCreedy Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2020 #26
    We found that a lot of business and revenue is getting lost from cancelled conferences and trade shows. We uncovered an innovative solution, Remote Video Capture Technology. We film anyone, anywhere right through their phone for a fraction of the cost. Our technology lets us capture HD video without the crew—no travel, keeping people safe and healthy. You can get more information at www.breakawaymedia.com