Subscription Plans per user

Options
Glenn Matthews
Glenn Matthews Member Posts: 6
5 Up Votes
edited February 29 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

Hi, We have different levels of users requiring different levels of access / functionality within the system. Does Pipedrive plan to enhance their subscription model, to allow for price plans to be set on a user level, rather than system level. For example most users in our organisation are fine on the Essential Plan, however we have a few higher level users, Sales Managers etc, that require additional functionality that is only available in the Professional Plan. We cannot justify upgrading all users at 4x the price.

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #2
    Options

Hi @Glenn Matthews 

Great question, thanks for asking.
    I quickly checked internally and shared your comments with the team.

Currently as I understand there is not a plan in the very near future. However, your comments and questions did spark a discussion internally about how we can help users such as yourself.

At this point in time I hope you understand I can not promise you anything regarding the subscription model, what I can tell you is that you've sparked a discussion internally that I hope will lead to a solution for users such as yourself. If not via a plan change then perhaps in another way.

I'm sorry for the vague answer but I hope you realise these are difficult questions and decisions for any organization. Nonetheless, thank you very much for asking this question, always great to get feedback from our users!
    Have a great weekend soon!

• Glenn Matthews
    Glenn Matthews Member Posts: 6
    5 Up Votes
    edited May 2020 #3
    Options

Hi @Glenn Matthews 

Currently as I understand there is not a plan in the very near future. However, your comments and questions did spark a discussion internally about how we can help users such as yourself.

At this point in time I hope you understand I can not promise you anything regarding the subscription model, what I can tell you is that you've sparked a discussion internally that I hope will lead to a solution for users such as yourself. If not via a plan change then perhaps in another way.

I'm sorry for the vague answer but I hope you realise these are difficult questions and decisions for any organization. Nonetheless, thank you very much for asking this question, always great to get feedback from our users!

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. Being in the software game also with SaaS clients, I appreciate changes to a licensing model are never easy.  From our experience it seems quite common to have a tiered user licensing model within a SaaS solution and I'm happy that at least a discussion has been sparked on your side. 

The key functionality we're would like our managers to take advantage of is the advanced reporting / dashboarding tools with Insights - specifically the ability to use custom fields in the reports, which is only available at Professional Level.

Regards

Glenn

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #4
    Options

Hi @Glenn Matthews 

Thanks @Glenn Matthews that's a great additional insight, will share that also with the team working on reporting!

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5
    Options

We would love that. We actually downgraded even though we loved the professional features but it was not reasonable since only a fraction of the users needed the features.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #6
    Options

We would love that. We actually downgraded even though we loved the professional features but it was not reasonable since only a fraction of the users needed the features.

@Martin Eckardt thanks for those comments. Can you please explain a bit more in depth what the needs of your team were when it comes to features on different plans. Then I can pass this on internally :) 

• Martin Eckardt
    Martin Eckardt Member Posts: 23
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2020 #7
    Options

Only two users are using the additional features of the professional plan. Since we have to choose one plan for all users it is just to expensive to upgrade the whole team of 10 users to professional to enable the two users to use the additional features.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited May 2020 #8
    Options

Gotcha, and which additional features on the professional plan were most needed for those two users?

• Darshan Bachhawat
    Darshan Bachhawat Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #9
    Options

Hi - we are in a similar position.  We have several users, but I'm the leader of the sales team and I need to be able to use Custom Fields in the Insight report creation.  For example, we have a custom field named "Source" that describes whether the deal was an Inbound deal or Outbound deal.  We need to be able to report on the # of Inbound deals created by week, as an example.  But everyone else on my team doesnt need the professional plan. It would be cost prohibitive for us to upgrade everyone.  Thanks.

• Mike van der Valk
    edited June 2020 #10
    Options

Hi - we are in a similar position.  We have several users, but I'm the leader of the sales team and I need to be able to use Custom Fields in the Insight report creation.  For example, we have a custom field named "Source" that describes whether the deal was an Inbound deal or Outbound deal.  We need to be able to report on the # of Inbound deals created by week, as an example.  But everyone else on my team doesnt need the professional plan. It would be cost prohibitive for us to upgrade everyone.  Thanks.

Thanks @Darshan Bachhawat I'll forward your feedback to our Insights team as well.

• Joel Marks
    Joel Marks Member Posts: 14
    Photogenic First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #11
    Options

Hi Pipedrive, please can we look at seeing whether this is a possibility? In particular,  advanced users do not need access to Insights but management does. We have over 80 users on our platform and we are not willing to increase our fees by 50% for this feature., for a minority.  Is there no way that you could make this scalable for larger companies? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited July 2020 #12
    Options

Hi Pipedrive, please can we look at seeing whether this is a possibility? In particular,  advanced users do not need access to Insights but management does. We have over 80 users on our platform and we are not willing to increase our fees by 50% for this feature., for a minority.  Is there no way that you could make this scalable for larger companies? 

Hi @Joel Marks 

Traditionally Pipedrive's main focus was SMB's 
    However, you may have noticed that we're focussing our efforts besides SMB's also on larger businesses with some of our new feature updates recently.

I can't make any promises from my position but I will try to again ignite the internal discussion here as to how we can better solve the situation you and other companies are in.

• Joel Marks
    edited July 2022 #13
    Options

Please do! We were a Small Business but have now grown rapidly as any business would hope to do. It would be a shame to lose your long term clients over this. 

• Paul Weiss
    Paul Weiss Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #14
    Options

I totally agree on the need for a user based plan model.

• Simon Robillard
    Simon Robillard Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2020 #15
    Options

+1 on this!!!

• Joel Marks
    edited February 2022 #16
    Options

@Mike van der Valk   = Any update on this? 

• Mike van der Valk
    edited August 2020 #17
    Options

@Mike van der Valk   = Any update on this? 

@Joel Marks the same topic was discussed here ~2 weeks ago: https://community.pipedrive.com/post/pipedrive-service-subscription--upgrade-level-for-individuals-5e9eb15c1c322249f403c7dc?post=5f1fe8ae9e8d5434bcc59f8a

No progress right now. We have been discussing it internally but it's not an easy decision obviously that also comes with tons and tons of technical challenges.

• Chris Schotsman
    Chris Schotsman Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2021 #18
    Options

we would welcome a multi-tiered subscription option as well.  My 2 cents

• Kubitscheck
    Kubitscheck Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited December 2020 #19
    Options

+1 on having a large sales organization, and need professional plans for only a few so we can report on custom deal details. The majority of our sales force doesn't need this functionality, but leadership certainly needs this intel. Just not worth upgrading our entire enterprise for it at huge cost. Need license scalability. 

• Noah Roth
    Noah Roth Member Posts: 5
    edited December 2020 #20
    Options

We also have users with different needs but can't justify the higher subscription for all of our users.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    First Comment
    edited March 2021 #21
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • René Juncher Michelsen
    René Juncher Michelsen Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited January 2022 #22
    Options

Please make a solution. We have the need for 3 users to upgrade for advanced, but we will need to upgrade all user. This means that the functionality is just being to expensive, and we are stuck on essential and will most likely newer move up from this level. So instead of having som extra subscription income - you have only the most basic. Furthermore we are annoyed with the product and are making all different sorts of work around.

• John Gorman_69175
    John Gorman_69175 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #23
    Options

Personally considering leaving Pipedrive due to this issue. Pretty disappointed. Can use a more expensive CRM but at different tiers and save money vs all on top tier here. 

• Tim Jones_23598
    Tim Jones_23598 Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    Options

yes please for this functionality!

• Natalie De Waele
    Options

Any update on this matter? We are thinking of leaving Pipedrive also if this is not an option, as only 3 of our members would need the proffessional access?

• barnabycook
    barnabycook Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Having the same issue. I would like to be able to send email sequences, but the other users have no need for it. Increasing monthly costs by 50% doesn't make sense - I'll just found another software that does email sequences and integrates with Pipedrive. Shame not to be able to use the functionality within Pipedrive, especially after your acquisition of the email sequencing company.

• JaMes75
    JaMes75 Member Posts: 5
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Hello everybody !

Are there any updates on this topic?

I am currently studying the possibility of switching my organization (40 users) to Pipedrive, and this subject is currently the big black spot. Is too much money for my usage at this time.

I'm considering going to HubSpot for this reason alone while Pipedrive looks much cooler!

• David GN
    David GN Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Hi All,

Is there any update on this?

• Poliromo
    Poliromo Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary
    Options

Any there any updates on making a subscription model based on a user level rather than system level?