Time based workflows

Laurie Paquette
Laurie Paquette Member Posts: 2
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

It would be really helpful to have time based triggers in the workflows. I would like to set a workflow that sends an email when I move a deal to a new stage and then send additional emails at set times; 5 days after 1st email, 10 days after, etc.

0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited April 2022 #2

Good day Laurie

Your comment/request is very timely (pun-intended). This is a capability that I have been lobbying for, and that for well over a year. It is absent, and it is required.  In our case... we sell Pipedive (as well as our own product, BrokrBindr) to mortgage brokers. They need to followup on renewals "X" weeks prior to the renewal date, send reminders based on dates (both in the past, or in future), etc. 

The bad news is... still not possible today. The good news is that the folks at Pipedrive have heard us, and they are actively working on it. A Pipedrive employee named @Nuno Oliveira is among the leaders of this initiative. There is no official timeline yet announced. I can speculate (my own personal best guess) that we might see something in the early summer.

In the meantime, we have been using external services (Integromat, or possibly Zapier) to take action based on date-triggers. I would be happy to advise you on setting these up if you are interested. Not "easy" but neither does it require a programmer.

• Laurie Paquette
    Laurie Paquette Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #3

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the information. Yes, something "timely" is not a "nice to have"but a "must have". In our case, I can add a few extra steps to a workflow as a workaround but it's quite wonky. It will suffice until Pipedrive gets a proper solution built. In the meantime, best wishes on your product and stay safe.

Thanks,
    Laurie

• Joseph Valenti
    Joseph Valenti Member Posts: 72
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited May 2020 #4

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the information. Yes, something "timely" is not a "nice to have"but a "must have". In our case, I can add a few extra steps to a workflow as a workaround but it's quite wonky. It will suffice until Pipedrive gets a proper solution built. In the meantime, best wishes on your product and stay safe.

Thanks,
    Laurie

@Nuno Oliveira has published this link to a group interested in automations. He may be able to include in a "beta" when such a thing becomes available.

https://community.pipedrive.com/group/pipedrive-workflow-automation-beta-testing

Joe

• Praveen Kumar
    Praveen Kumar Member Posts: 24
    First Comment
    edited July 2020 #5

Hey @Laurie Paquette,

If you're looking to work round with this particular automation, I'd suggest you use an email automation tool Klenty that has seamless integration with Pipedrive.

Whenever you're moving  a Pipedrive contact from one deal stage to another, you can automate email cadences to reach them and also set additional emails at desired time intervals. 

All you need to do is specify the deal stage and add them to a particular email sequence/cadence.

This feature is aimed to benefit you in automating emails for deals at every stage of your Pipedrive sales pipeline. You can set personalised emails or add tasks like follow-ups or calls to reach them with any given time interval.

You want to understand more and get to work around this, feel free to book a demo  or sign up for a 14-day free trial. You can test it out yourself 

Do check out Klenty in Pipedrive Marketplace, if you may want to know more about the integration.

Hope this helps :) 

• Brent LaFoley
    Brent LaFoley Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021 #6

I would VERY much like to see tis as well. Pipedrive being a sales pipeline solution, I would imagine most users would like a feature like this. Fingers crossed it's in the near future!