Would you find it helpful to have multiple organizations tied to a contact?

Options

Comments

• Clayton Louis Ferrara
    Clayton Louis Ferrara Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #122
    Options

Hello,

Bumping this up as it hasn't got any update for 4 months.

This feature is of utmost importance for us too. Our leads and clients appear to own several businesses, which all are important to us and have their own deals.

The impossibility of linking several organizations to one person basically renders the duplicate feature void for us (as we must keep loads of person's duplicates to operate). And that's a shame.

We've read the workarounds of Brad Krause (and we thank him for that), which are what they are: workarounds, whereas one person having the charge and ownership of several different organizations should be the easier way.

I'll be waiting to hear about any progress in that area.

Thanks

agreed

• Monya Hunter
    Monya Hunter Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #123
    Options

I need this functionality too!

• Philippe
    Philippe Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2023 #124
    Options

This feature is an absolute no-brainer and easy to implement since it's just an add-on to your user hierarchy.  The ability to associate one contact to different organizations is very important for us as well. 

This request is 2 years old, what shocks me because because it seems like a quick win for the development team.

Please update on this. Is this something we can see in the upcoming feature? It is a dealbreaker for us.

• Frederik Eriksen
    Frederik Eriksen Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #125
    Options

We're in the need of this feature as well... :-)

• Caroline Shepherd
    Caroline Shepherd Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #126
    Options

We are also in need of this function have single person for multiple organisations and deals associated with each organisation - need to keep the email comms for each deal and org separate and associated with correct one .. update on progress with this would be helpful @Admin Pipedrive 

• Georgina Maud
    Georgina Maud Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #127
    Options

Hi - is there any update on whether this is being looked at by the Pipedrive team? Cheers.

• Bret Kobel
    Bret Kobel Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2023 #128
    Options

Hi - is there any update on whether this is being looked at by the Pipedrive team? Cheers.

✔ Upvote

• Bret Kobel
    edited July 2023 #129
    Options

🚩 Upvote 

• Bret Kobel
    edited July 2023 #130
    Options

It looks like this thread died because PD doesn't care.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,078 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited July 2023 #131
    Options

It looks like this thread died because PD doesn't care.

Hi @Bret Kobel 

And others, thanks for sharing the feedback. I checked internally what the current status of this suggestion is.

At the moment we are looking at how to improve contact/account management as a whole in Pipedrive, this is one of the subjects that's on the table in that area. We don't know at the moment how work will be prioritised yet in the area but I'll do my best to highlight this one to the team.

I'm sorry I can't be more specific, one of the hardest things is definitely to constantly prioritise all the requests that come in daily. 

Enjoy the weekend!

• Mario_63110
    Mario_63110 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #132
    Options

Hi everyone,

This is a feature that should exist. We really need it also!

Best Regards,

Mario

• Steffen Hepp
    Steffen Hepp Member Posts: 34
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2023 #133
    Options

please Pipedrive developers - include this into the code - its just a little but very helpful change which you need to do - thanks in advance!

• Robyn Mattison
    Robyn Mattison Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #134
    Options

Hi @Dan Diamond, MD thanks for sharing! Hopefully we'll get lots of votes.

In the mean time you can best create an "organization type" of custom field under the contact persons: https://support.pipedrive.com/hc/en-us/articles/207228075-Custom-Fields

You can call this for example "second org" then you can save a second org on the contact person details.

Has this been updated?  I have many "people" who own more than one "organization".  Every time I add them to one org, they are dropped the other.  

• APOSTOLOS TEGOPOULOS
    APOSTOLOS TEGOPOULOS Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #135
    Options

This is a must have for a CRM.

Many people (clients) have more than one company. 

You have to fix it guys!

Thank you and greetings from Greece

• Erik Lindholm
    Erik Lindholm Member Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited July 2023 #136
    Options

We also have many contacts that are associated with, or work for multiple companies. 

This should be built in! 

It would also help to have related people just like related organizations.

• Kayla Klim
    Kayla Klim Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #137
    Options

I deal with managers, regional managers, and owners, some owners own more than one location and regional managers obviously oversee more than one location. It would be nice if I could link the contact I have for the regional manager to all of the stores he/she oversees. Right now you can have more than one person linked to an account but you can't have one person linked to more than one account and that would be really handy. 

• Duane Webber
    Duane Webber Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #138
    Options

The feature is needed and relates to basic CRM functionality.

• Jane Widman
    Jane Widman Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #139
    Options

Has anyone established a work around they can share?

• Steffen Hepp
    Steffen Hepp Member Posts: 34
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited July 2023 #140
    Options

maybe the Pipedrive team could answer on this...

• MONA_36
    MONA_36 Posts: 1 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited July 2023 #141
    Options

Hi @Jane Widman and @Steffen Hepp,

And others, thanks for sharing the feedback. For this year we have some new plans to improve Person and Organisation. Meanwhile, this topic is on the table and it has priority for us. We are trying our best to make it happen a.s.a.p but unfortunately, at this time I can’t give any specific deadline.
    I’m really sorry but we will keep you posted on the progress and release.  
    Have a great one!

• Bret Kobel
    edited July 2023 #142
    Options

I have created a work-around.  I have created custom fields in Contact.  I have a Primary Org & Title, which aligns with the Organization the Contact is connected to.  Then I have additional custom fields for Org2, Org3, Org4. This at least gives me visibility as to the other organizations that person works with.  I create "Contacts" without emails in all of those other Orgs, completing the Primary, Org2-4 fields for visibility.

When a deal is created for Orgs 2-4, I change the Org owner "Org2".  Now that deal will show up in Org2 deals.

It's not perfect, obviously and it's a painful w/around, but I at least have visibility.

I just recently had this happening where I had 3 deals at 3 Orgs with the same person.  It works, but not ideal.

• Sara Gipton
    Sara Gipton Member Posts: 4
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #143
    Options

I have created a work-around.  I have created custom fields in Contact.  I have a Primary Org & Title, which aligns with the Organization the Contact is connected to.  Then I have additional custom fields for Org2, Org3, Org4. This at least gives me visibility as to the other organizations that person works with.  I create "Contacts" without emails in all of those other Orgs, completing the Primary, Org2-4 fields for visibility.

When a deal is created for Orgs 2-4, I change the Org owner "Org2".  Now that deal will show up in Org2 deals.

It's not perfect, obviously and it's a painful w/around, but I at least have visibility.

I just recently had this happening where I had 3 deals at 3 Orgs with the same person.  It works, but not ideal.

Thanks for the suggestion.  As you say, a little clunky but it works.  I still think that Pipedrive should have this functionality (which is one reason why we are moving from this platform).

• Erik Lindholm
    Erik Lindholm Member Posts: 20
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Comment
    edited July 2023 #144
    Options

I'm not a programmer, but it seems that you could just associate secondary orgs with people in the same way you associate multiple people with deals, no? 

Or in the same way orgs can relate to each other... That would probably be more intuitive. 

• Julia Kraus
    Julia Kraus Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #145
    Options

UP! We would really need that feature aswell. @Camille Gindre 

• Inês Batata
    Inês Batata Posts: 2,069 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited July 2023 #146
    Options

UP! We would really need that feature aswell. @Camille Gindre 

Hi Julia, please see the reply by our Product Manager @MONA  here :) 

• Cheryl McCormack
    Cheryl McCormack Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #147
    Options

Hi @Michelle Martin the only way is to set companies linked together, for example as parent compan.

To do that go into the organization detail and select ”related organizations” in the left column. You will be able to select the type of company relation.

I agree with other people's comments and frustrations here - I need to be able to connect one person to multiple and totally independent organisations and would have thought this is a basic 101 for any CRM - this is annoying to now find I am unable to do this!!

• DS
    DS Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2023 #148
    Options

A lot of business owners have several different businesses. I myself CEO of holding with 15 different companies in the structure. So ability to assign several companies to a single person is really crucial from my pov. 

As a workaround I am now creating a company "Group of the companies of person X" and add all his companies as a daughters of this one. It is annoying, but works. 

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    Laurent Gaulhiac Member Posts: 28
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2023 #149
    Options

Passing by, having the same issue...
    One client has 2 companies and communicate with one email only...

Will investigate how I can organize all this...

• Laurent Gaulhiac
    Laurent Gaulhiac Member Posts: 28
    5 Likes First Comment
    edited July 2023 #150
    Options

I have the same problem... (clients with one email but multiple companies, but also agencies that have multiple clients, but my contact is always the project managers).

I am curious to know if the future "accounts" module will fix this problem (I hope)...

But I am also wondering "why" we cannot simply attach a people to multiple organisations and when we create a deal we are forced to chose one or more related org to forward all the activities...

Maybe I am missing something but, it's definitely a pain to manage.

• Josh Grode Wolters
    Josh Grode Wolters Member Posts: 2
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2023 #151
    Options

Any updates, @Inês Batata? I'd like this functionality, too.