I'm curious to see, how many people are currently using a VoIP provider. IF the answer is YES, who a

David Karn
David Karn Member Posts: 17
First Comment Integration Partner
I'm curious to see, how many people are currently using a VoIP provider. IF the answer is YES, who are you currently using and are you happy with them? I want to see what other VoIP providers people are currently using.

Comments

• Ray Rafaty
    Ray Rafaty Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #2

I have been using Ring Central for years now and could not be happier.

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #3
    It would also be nice to know if you left a provided for another and why.
  • Stacey A
    Stacey A Member Posts: 4
    edited December 2021 #4

Using JustCall. Great customer service. A lot of really good features and good integration with Pipedrvie - word of warning - their Power Dialer sucks

• Erik Lindholm
    Erik Lindholm Member Posts: 18
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited February 2022 #5

XBP. Best phone system I have seen for the price. It's a fraction of the cost of every other provided we looked into and the don't limit any features or nickel and dime you do death for add-ons. It's a full featured PBX replacement with everything. However, they recently got acquired by Broadvoice and I hear they don't offer the same plans we are on anymore. 

• Norman Johnson
    Norman Johnson Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #6

I don't know if it qualifies as Voip but I use Google Voice with my US cell phone to do business in the US without added roaming or other fees from my current base in Greece.  I had to set up Google Voice in the US before leaving, you can't get a number if you are out of the states. It's great, customers call my US cell number and I call their landline or cell number just like I was in the states, no country codes, no roaming, no per-minute fees for either party. If I call other locations in Europe I have to pay a few cents a minute which I do occasionally and that is through Google Pay, not through my cell plan. 

• Anthony Stanley
    Anthony Stanley Member Posts: 2
    edited February 2022 #7

We use Mitel. It’s a love/hate relationship. Love the lack of administration, infrastructure, provisioning work, and cost relative to hosting it on-prem. But, we have problems with it from time to time for no reason (no changes). It will stop working, stop ringing, the backend will go down, weird config changes that we did not request, and the like. We are still with them, but we are not “happy” overall. Even though they are a new-dangled cloud provider, they use really old software. Our voice recording app, for instance, refused to run on Windows 7 and above for a long time. XP only, seriously. And this was only a couple of years ago. We were already on Windows 10 and had to set up a VM to run it. That wasn’t supported but it did work until they updated it. No excuse for that.

• Paul Foley_7535
    Paul Foley_7535 Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #8
    Ring Central
  • Kelly Franznick
    Kelly Franznick Member Posts: 9
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #9
    Zoom (yes, that Zoom). It has been easy and no issue
  • Zac Nock
    Zac Nock Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #10
    We have our own VoIP/virtual phone setup that we distribute to our customers. They love it.
  • Dan Marshall
    Dan Marshall Member Posts: 4
    edited September 2020 #11
    CloudTalk, and currently it has not been working too well. Call quality is extremely varied, no matter how strong the internet connection. Voicemails can't seem to be checked on the app, and instead are sent via an email with an MP3 attachment (I'd rather just listen to all my voicemails back to back rather than go digging through my inbox). The SMS is unorganized.

Probably the biggest problem I have is that some of my employees are having trouble making or receiving calls when they're connected to our VPN. When looking through Cloudtalk's support document available on their website, they actually recommend that you disconnect from the VPN while using CloudTalk. Seeing that 50% of our employees are working from home right now and NEED to be connected to the VPN to do their jobs while working remotely, this is just not acceptable. Needless to say, I'm not the happiest customer at the moment.
  • Debbie Hosley
    Debbie Hosley Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2022 #12

I would like to see RingCentral work with Pipedrive both phone and texting options.

• Sue Steckle
    Sue Steckle Member Posts: 23
    First Comment
    edited December 2021 #13

I've been using Vonage for personal / home office use for over 10 years now and am perfectly happy with it - as long as I have internet, it works like a charm. I've taken it with me to Mexico for 7 weeks, plugged it in, and had my phone like normal. 

• Mitch Ehly
    Mitch Ehly Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2020 #14
    We use RingCentral as well. Good service, software works, solid tracking ability. But no integration with PD.
  • Yadim Medore
    Yadim Medore Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #15
    We've used Jive (now called GoToConnect) for the past 10 years, which was recently purchased by LogMeIn, the new owners of GoToMeeting. The Jive platform is rock solid, as is their UX. And the support is tremendous. We had other providers prior to Jive and they couldn't hold a candle. Each line charge is $19-$29 depending on how many users you have. However, those are "physical" line charges, and now that we are all working from home, I've eliminated most of line charges and we just forward the DIDs to people's cell phones without any line charge. They don't charge for a physical conference phone eiether. Call recording is free. I can't say enough good things about them!
  • Art Powell
    Art Powell Member Posts: 4
    edited February 2022 #16

RingCentral also and very happy. 

• Christian Ayala
    Christian Ayala Member Posts: 62
    First Anniversary 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 2020 #17
    @Yadim Medore Does it integrate with PD?
  • David Karn
    edited September 2020 #18
    @Christian Ayala I know Simplii is Integrated incredibly well with Pipedrive. Who are you currently using?
  • David Karn
    edited September 2020 #19
    @Christian Ayala who are you currently using?
  • Peter Carruth
    Peter Carruth Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #20
    Hello Team - We been in this Space (Telecom/IP/Data/VoIP etc) for 19 years and an authorized VoIP partner across all providers. Not to be a sales plug. But there are different providers for different applications and contingent on your IP provider to maximize user experience. Happy to help where we can.

Pete Carruth
  • Matt Oehlert
    Matt Oehlert Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2020 #21
    Were on Ring Central
  • David Karn
    edited September 2020 #22
    @Matt Oehlert how do you like it?
  • Matt Oehlert
    Matt Oehlert Member Posts: 14
    edited September 2020 #23
    @David Its excellent for what we do. Retail auto repair. We run it in with zapier. For use every incoming call or missed call is a new deal; then we process them from there.
  • Katie Baker_8874
    Katie Baker_8874 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #24
    I just started using JustCall. Their phone service on the app so far has been bad. I spent days on the phone this week with their technical support. Perhaps the issue is resolved but they charge for everything. It does integrate with Pipedrive but Pipedrive tries to override it when you try to use it with their own call feature which is annoying. I also don't like that JustCall is not available over the weekend for trouble shooting. For the price I am paying, so far I am not terribly impressed but I am giving them a shot to make it right after this week of trouble shooting. We shall see.
  • Peter Carruth
    Peter Carruth Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited September 2020 #25
    @Katie Baker how did you even find Just Call? Also, what sort of internet connection do you have?
  • Katie Baker_8874
    Katie Baker_8874 Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2020 #26
    I have a pretty good internet connection. I have had the issues with both my cellular network (AT&T) and the internet on my app. The issues are with the app. I don't use the desktop version so I cannot speak for that.
  • Tom Jackobs
    Tom Jackobs Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2022 #27

Yes and I use JustCall.io

http://justcall.io
  • Bryant Presley
    Bryant Presley Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2021 #28

Ring Central

• Mo Rea
    Mo Rea Member Posts: 19
    First Comment
    edited February 2022 #29

We use Kixie because most of the business we do is on mobile phones and all the other apps we tried are really meant for desktop users.  They integrate with Pipedrive but we are not happy with the integration as the contacts don't merge.  The other reason we use it is because our CEO used to travel A LOT prior to covid and we needed a transcription service.  Kixie is the only one that integrates with gong and pipedrive that has an ok mobile app.  I'm trying to get pipedrive to get their caller feature to integrate with gong or to have transcription so we can stop using kixie.

• Michael Daoud
    Michael Daoud Member Posts: 8
    edited December 2021 #30

We use Microsoft Teams for calling and automated phone attendant.  Works well from desktop or mobile phone.  Haven't tried to integrate it with Pipedrive.

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited September 2020 #31
    Great discussions here! Very informative, thanks for asking this question @David 🙏🏻