Would You like an activity to be able to attach a file/document?

Martin Pfeiffer
Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
5 Up Votes First Comment
Would You like an activity to be able to attach a file/document?
Tagged:
6 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited November 2020 #2
    @Martin Pfeiffer and others who voted, can you explain the use case why you'd need this?
  • Martin Pfeiffer
    Martin Pfeiffer Member Posts: 29
    5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2020 #3
    @Mike van der Valk , we are dealing with lots of paperwork, permits, insurances, dozens of renewals and it would always useful to attach related documents to these tasks for better reference. THX
  • Kevin Gamper
    Kevin Gamper Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2021 #4
    There may an Exel file with information associated with the Activity.
  • Hiranthi Herlaar
    Hiranthi Herlaar Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2021 #5
    A more specific use-case: when files can be attached to specific activities, tattoo artists can attach reference material, their sketches etc. to a specific meeting activity.

While files can be attached to a person/deal, to get to those files from the activity, they need to click through to the person / deal. Which can be distracting/overwhelming for the tattoo artists that merely want to see the info related to the specific appointment (meeting) and someone else is responsible for managing the rest within Pipedrive.

In the API and at Zapier etc. it's mentioned that files can be attached to activities as well. But apparently that isn't available for regular users of Pipedrive (yet?). Which is a shame, because Pipedrive practically meets all the needs and wants of a client of mine, but not being able to add the files to a specific activity has a high risk of being a dealbreaker for them.
  • Bec
    Bec Member Posts: 3
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited April 2022 #6
    We would be very useful to be able to add attachment files to activities. It's urgently required and for us, that I'm looking at other CRMs.
  • Steven Pamensky
    Steven Pamensky Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2022 #7
    Really require this feature, we take notes during client site visits and need ability to upload the files into the activity
  • GeorgW
    GeorgW Member Posts: 1
    Photogenic First Comment

Hello everyone, are there any updates on this yet? We would also be very happy if it would be possible to clamp attachments to an activity.

We organize all our appointments via activities (even the external ones) and would like to be able to attach a document to an appointment, just like to a mail.

• TX Wildman
    TX Wildman Member Posts: 3
    Photogenic First Comment

For me, it would be VERY VERY VERY helpful....did I mention it would be helpful? :-)

For activities, like meetings, I use notes, pictures, sometimes spreadsheets and other word docs. What I currently do is type a link to my google drive document as a work-around for now.....but many other CRMs offer this function and I also am using ClickUp for task management and for this same function. It would be great if I could use Pipedrive for my task/event management as well. I tried the "projects" module, but it didn't have what I needed. Please update this function soon......I've worked with CRMs for years since the days of Salesforce first becoming a Internet Explorer concept idea and I know this configuration change is fairly simple to deploy. I'd be happy to help your CRM admins with ideas and use cases to configure and deploy this and other enhancements 👍️