Is it possible to create recurring activities?

Dr. Jürg Ruf
Dr. Jürg Ruf Member Posts: 8
First Anniversary Photogenic
edited May 2023 in Sales CRM #1
Is it possible to create recurring activities?

Answers

• Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz)
    Amit Sarda (AmitSarda.xyz) Member Posts: 1,535
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited July 2022 #2

You can set up an automation to create the next activity when the previous one is marked done.

• natalie_swflmc
    natalie_swflmc Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I found a way to do this that works well for me. I created an activity type called "Recurring Daily". Then I created an automation with the trigger that when an activity with "Recurring Daily" type is marked done, it changes the due date to the next day (skipping weekends) and the status to "To Do". I like this because it doesn't my calendar and deal history with a lot of done activities.

I also created the type and automation for Recurring Weekly and Recurring Monthly.

You do have to keep up with overdue tasks, but is that really a bad thing?

Hope this helps!

• Edison456
    Edison456 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Yes, it is possible to create recurring activities in many applications and software that have a scheduling or task management feature. Recurring activities are tasks or events that repeat on a regular basis, such as weekly meetings, monthly reports, or daily reminders.

• William_Hall24
    William_Hall24 Member Posts: 1
    Name Dropper First Comment

Hi Natalie

How did you create the automation for this. I Made a new activity just like you. But how do I Automate it so it keeps on accuring as the same activity for different leads???

• natalie_swflmc
    natalie_swflmc Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

After I created an Activity Type, I set up the automation. I did one for daily, one for weekly, and one for monthly. I'll attach some screenshots. Feel free to reach out with any questions!

• Dexter49
    Dexter49 Member Posts: 2
    Photogenic First Comment

Yes, it is possible to create recurring activities using various software and productivity tools. Recurring activities are tasks or events that repeat on a regular basis, such as daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly.

Many calendar and scheduling applications, such as Google Calendar, Microsoft Outlook, and Apple Calendar, have built-in features for creating recurring events. These applications allow you to specify the frequency, duration, and end date of the recurring event, and will automatically add it to your calendar on the appropriate days or times.

Task management applications, such as Todoist, Trello, and Asana, also typically have options for creating recurring tasks or projects. These tools allow you to set up a task or project that repeats on a regular schedule, and will automatically create a new instance of the task or project when the current one is completed.

• Dennis Elmer
    Dennis Elmer Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Comment

In my opinion, Pipedrive should develop a function to post recurring events.