Stage Probability should set probability for all deals within that stage

Jack Duff
Jack Duff Member Posts: 1
edited July 2022 in Ideas and Product Feedback #1

It would be great if, when setting a stage's probability, deals that move into that stage are automatically given that probability. If they are manually changed this could override that, but the stage probability would be default, instead of the default being blank.

This would be useful for us because we like to see the deals in list view and don't want to manually set probability for each individual deal and update it every time that deal progresses.

Thanks!!

Tagged:
0 votes

· Last Updated -

Comments

• David Lorbiecke_3
    David Lorbiecke_3 Posts: 188 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Comment Pipedrive Team
    edited April 2022 #2

Good idea @Jack Duff !

• Tommi Timoharju
    Tommi Timoharju Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2020 #3

Hi,

I fully agree! I feel it is tedious and prone to errors when you need to manage each deal probability manually. Natural way (at least for me) is to move the deal in the pipeline to the following stage, which has been given a predefined probability. This should automatically be considered when reviewing revenue forecast report. 

@Administrator Pipedrive Any updates on this matter?

• Mike van der Valk
    Mike van der Valk Pipedrive Team Posts: 3,089 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 LOLs First Answer
    edited February 2022 #4

Hi @Tommi Timoharju 

This suggestion is still in the backlog of ideas unfortunately and hasn't been prioritised at the moment. I'll highlight this again to our team to look at. Thanks for chiming in!

• Laura Maier
    Laura Maier Member Posts: 23
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2021 #5

Hi @Tommi Timoharju 

This suggestion is still in the backlog of ideas unfortunately and hasn't been prioritised at the moment. I'll highlight this again to our team to look at. Thanks for chiming in!

I have the same need for automatically set probabilities. They should also have the ability to manually be overwritten if a deal is "out of the norm".

• Daniele Grassi
    Daniele Grassi Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2021 #6

At least, you should be able to show "Stage probability" in the deals list view...

• Disa Griffin
    Disa Griffin Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2021 #7

any update here?

• Steve_33418
    Steve_33418 Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2021 #8

Where is Pipedrive with this? This is a no brainer!

• Hamish
    Hamish Member Posts: 1
    First Anniversary
    edited February 2022 #9

The minimum capability should be ability to update deal stage probability via bulk edit in list view. Currently it appears the only way to do this is to batch export and update the values externally then reimport /synch, or report via an external application, both of which seem overly burdensome and prone to error. I'm no developer but exposing the deal stage probability field in the  bulk edit screen shouldn't be too much of a challenge as the core logic already exists, unless I'm missing something?

• Kreete K
    Kreete K Pipedrive Team Posts: 355 PIPEDRIVE TEAM
    5 Likes First Anniversary First Answer Name Dropper
    edited May 2021 #10
    Hamish said:

The minimum capability should be ability to update deal stage probability via bulk edit in list view. Currently it appears the only way to do this is to batch export and update the values externally then reimport /synch, or report via an external application, both of which seem overly burdensome and prone to error. I'm no developer but exposing the deal stage probability field in the  bulk edit screen shouldn't be too much of a challenge as the core logic already exists, unless I'm missing something?

Hi @Hamish!
    I will share this with our Product team once more. At the moment we do not have updates on this improvement. You can always keep an eye on the What's New? channel in Community to be informed about our changes and product updates.

• Chris.Potter
    Chris.Potter Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited November 2021 #11

I agree on this feature request, and have separately posted asking for a Workflow Automation option:
    https://community.pipedrive.com/post/workflow-automation-query-deal-probability-update-based-on-deal-stage-616e9920890f3f4fc591bfd1

• Amanda Lemoine
    Amanda Lemoine Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited March 2022 #12

Hi has there been an update on this? It appears we are facing the same issues having our deals not take on our set stage probability. We must manually set the deal probability which is unideal. Please send an update on this request.

• Chris.Potter
    Chris.Potter Member Posts: 9
    Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2022 #13

Hi has there been an update on this? It appears we are facing the same issues having our deals not take on our set stage probability. We must manually set the deal probability which is unideal. Please send an update on this request.

Hi Amanda - nothing from Pipedrive.  We recently changed our stages and default probability levels, but I have Workflow Automations that update the probability since it's not something the system does automatically.