2»

Comments

• Kilian Heide
    Kilian Heide Member Posts: 18
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #32
    Gaëlle said:

Any news about that? 

Automation can  be created from the admin account as suggested, but what about automation with e-mail sending action? Our problem is that all our emails are then sent from the admin adress. ... so that's not a solution.

Unfortunately  Pipedrive seems to has no prblem with this.

I startet to create my workflow automations with Power Automate from Microsoft.
    There you can share your workflow automations without sharing any passwords. And you can send Mails with Power Automate as well.
    Too bad that Pipedrive won't work on this one.

• Dushay Pont
    Dushay Pont Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited July 2022 #33

Hi There My role is to manage internal development for our franchise group, It would be very beneficial for myself to have the ability to view, edit, duplicate etc the automation workflows and Insights of all my users as I have currently used all 60 of my automation workflows on my user meaning I will have to create more on their individual users, this makes it much harder to make changes and generally manage these things. is this a feature than could be implemented? Thanks  

• Boris Tsibelman
    Boris Tsibelman Member Posts: 848
    5 Likes Premier Solution Provider First Anniversary First Answer
    edited May 2023 #34

+1! this would be extremely helpful

• Elizabeth Geli
    Elizabeth Geli Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #35

+1 that it would be a HUGE help to share/collaborate on workflows with my colleagues. 

• Ann Holland
    Ann Holland Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #36

+1 totally agree....would also be great to allow more than 10 steps in each workflow automation 

• Andy Theimer
    Andy Theimer Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #37

Yes, please add this.  

• Customer Care_82278
    Customer Care_82278 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    edited December 2022 #38

Maybe we should be offered a free Admin account that can send/receive emails and provide generic automations for all staff.  We have the same problem, that marketing and reminder emails are sent from the company, not the staff member, so we are currently having to pay for an extra seat.

• Véronique BRUN
    Véronique BRUN Member Posts: 9
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2022 #39

Hi Pipedrive PM and users!

It is possible to list other user automations and even suppress them (which is dangerously crazy!) but not to edit themin read-only mode to check what is done by the automation.

So it would be useful to be allow at least admin users to view the details of each automation.

Would be greater if you could implement such a feature to improve team coordination. Thank you !

629fabc8133ce5ea3dd478c6_33065.png
  • Paul McClenaghan
    Paul McClenaghan Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2022 #40

Hi all,

I would like to add another voice to this discussion. In my org I'm the person who was responsible for designing and building the sales pipeline and all the automations etc. And now I'm the sole person who manages those ongoing. There's now a requirement for me to move on to other tasks and pass the responsibility of adjusting/managing, and possibly creating, new automations to someone more junior in the company. And this seems to me like a scenario that would be quite common.

We have 50+ automations running in my user account and a few in individual accounts where the email signatures were needed. So if I'm to pass on responsibility of managing those 50 what's the best approach? It doesn't seem right that my colleague would have to log in using my details and manage those. When 2fa is switched on it becomes annoying going through security each time!

We could redo the automations in the colleagues account but that's duplication of work and kind of goes against the whole ethos of using something like PD in the first place!

I know we can use Zapier as a way of keeping the automations non-pipedrive user specific, and we do that already for tasks that PD can't do, but clearly that's not ideal either.

So in conclusion I think there's a pretty strong use case for being about to assign the editing and ownership of automations between users and it seems to me that many many users will come up against this issue eventually.

Could I request a response from someone at Pipedrive as to whether there's some work going on in this direction please?

Many thanks

• Paul McClenaghan
    Paul McClenaghan Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2022 #42

Thanks @Nuno Oliveira, I'm looking forward to those updates!

• Javier Flores
    Javier Flores Member Posts: 1
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited December 2022 #43

I don't want my teammates to lose time creating the same automation, this looks like a very silly flaw from PD

• I can delete an automation set up by others but can't do any of this: open, edit, duplicate?

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,003 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment
    edited December 2022 #45

Hi @Amit Sarda - Pipedrive Consultant - AmitSarda.xyz , as there is a thread on this already, I will merge your feedback with it. More upvotes and comments make it more likely that the request becomes available 📈

• osman
    osman Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Comment
    edited May 2023 #46

++ Any update on this. We want to be able to handle automation at the admin level and apply them for all sales staff. It works fine for most automation but email sequences use the admin email to send emails when we want pipedrive to use the persons email who triggered the automation

• Daniel_Perez
    Daniel_Perez Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

I need users with administrator permission to be able to edit the automations made by another administrator user. This way, we can work as a team to create automations and the rest of the users can activate them.

And in this case, if one of the administrator users is out of the company or on holiday, there is no problem in editing an automation if necessary because another administrator user can do it. But now all this is not possible and we depend on the user who creates the automation.

• Lou
    Lou Member Posts: 15
    First Anniversary 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper

Automations should just belong to the compnay account and set permissions to edit them and select to choose ones that are just for you/personal ones.

• Manuel Oliveira
    Manuel Oliveira Admin Posts: 1,003 COMMUNITY MANAGER
    First Anniversary 5 Insightfuls 5 Likes First Comment

Hi everyone, we are releasing a feature for this! Have a look in this post for more details.

This discussion has been closed.